LSP_Kevin

New HK Models Kit TBA @ US Nats!

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

Whatever it may be, this thread is clearly demonstrating HK communication and marketing policy is rather efficient: 8 pages of posts about nothing except their brand and a vapor kit...! 

I was just thinking how horrible their marketing was, then realized they are actually geniuses, for the reasons you mention! 

:rofl:

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

We're not necessarily expecting anything previously unannounced. What we wanted to know is what is the all new tool for 2019 that's coming out in the fourth quarter.

If it's a Spey Phantom HKM will make my year. That kit is top of my list. 

Neil has a long history of making release plans that don't come to pass by the date he says (and he's far from alone in that).  Just going by what he's been telling me in emails, I'm not sure this is going to be any different.  It's already mid-August, meaning that there are only basically four months left in the year.  The best laid plans of mice and men...

24 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Neil has a long history of making release plans that don't come to pass by the date he says (and he's far from alone in that).  Just going by what he's been telling me in emails, I'm not sure this is going to be any different.  It's already mid-August, meaning that there are only basically four months left in the year.  The best laid plans of mice and men...

Don't worry, this will happen. The decal design phase for the newly tooled kit will start on Sunday night, as tonight I'm finishing decals for another anticipated kit, and the test sprues of the newly tooled one are still on their way from China, so it will take a few days until I have something to test-fit the design.

The box shown at Nats is of a new B-25J 'Glass Nose' boxing - the initial one is sold out.

1 hour ago, barkhorn said:

Don't worry, this will happen. The decal design phase for the newly tooled kit will start on Sunday night, as tonight I'm finishing decals for another anticipated kit, and the test sprues of the newly tooled one are still on their way from China, so it will take a few days until I have something to test-fit the design.

Is the forthcoming kit in 1/32?

Just saw on Merit's Facebook page that they did, in fact, hold a raffle for 6 unknown kits. That'll be quite the surprise once they arrive in the mail! Whatever it may be, of course. I hope they like it :-P

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

47 minutes ago, Radub said:

I was there for the raffle at 5 PM. My expectation was that they would tell us after the raffle what the raffle was actually all about. But, alas, no... As a "marketing ploy" this did not really hit the mark. :-(

Radu

Not really sure the purpose of the exercise, then.  If the kit is advanced enough in development to be released by the end of the year, why not announce?

This does not help with "to save or not to save?; that is the question!" 

I keep my small rectangular plastic as debt free as I can these days, and charge up the bank balance before employing my flexible friend. Heads-ups are very useful.

Hmmm, decals designed in Poland... does that mean, well, er, anything ? 

I'd like a box top image please Neil et al. 

Tony