LSP_Kevin

New HK Models Kit TBA @ US Nats!

The te

18 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I'm not aware of a new surprise kit that is ready for raffling off.  There are several yet to be announced products under development, but none at that stage that I'm aware of.  Neil has been pouring every ounce of effort and money into getting the Lancaster on the market for most of the past year.  

The text was direct from Merit and their facebook page , its been modified since it was originally posted on facebook by adding the word NOT.

i posted on the facebook link that it was unlikey that they would be releasing anything with such short notice and merit said the were ‘trusting in Hk’ that the info was correct 

Okay, so a new iPad and a bottle of Cognac for me instead.

Sure there'll be some fiscal scope for an expensive HKM kit next Spring, if I haven't snuffed it. 

And there's the 1/72 Airfix Buccaneer and Zvevda Razor as autumnal beer money distractions

Tony 

6 hours ago, Markjames1968 said:

The te

The text was direct from Merit and their facebook page , its been modified since it was originally posted on facebook by adding the word NOT.

Not so, Mark! The word NOT has been there all along. I think a lot of people read through it without noticing it, but it jumped out at me the first moment I read the text (shortly before posting it here).

Kev

Well, this modeling show is now a day old and apparently HK Models has no new kit on hand or any news regarding an upcoming release.

Correct?

So then I guess there's nothing to see here, for now.

14 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

Well, this modeling show is now ... old ...

So then I guess there's nothing to see here, for now.

Yeah, I was thinking Courvoisier XO but I'm now thinking VSOP + Kittyhawk Mirage 2000C — oh, and a couple of cigars.

Tony 

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Not so, Mark! The word NOT has been there all along. I think a lot of people read through it without noticing it, but it jumped out at me the first moment I read the text (shortly before posting it here).

Kev

They had the word faffle, and this was, sadly, changed to raffle.

3 minutes ago, Alburymodeler said:

They had the word faffle, and this was, sadly, changed to raffle.

Indeed - I hadn't noticed that. But "not" was there right alongside "faffle". I think they should have changed it to "baffle".

Kev

Just now, seiran01 said:

Well, I bought a 1/32 Wild Hare Spey  Phantom conversion today so you all can thank me for my sacrifice if HK does announce one, LOL

Was it one of Gary's?

I am not aware  that there was much expectation of an announcement at this show.  We certainly were not discussing it on this site.  It only became a point of discussion when they put up their non announcement.  I find it a rather lame publicity stunt personally.  No harm no foul but it is not a move I respect or am impressed by.  I don't think their subject matter decision making has been consistent with a company that will make money and be around long.  With luck they will prove me wrong but I think they have done too many 4 engine bombers in too short of a time.  

3 hours ago, Radub said:

Stay tuned! The announcement has not been made yet. The show is not finished, so there is still plenty of time to reveal it. 

Radu

Is there an official HKM rep at the NATs Radu?

Just saw these two photos of the Merit/AFV Club/HK Models booth on Facebook. Appears to be some sort of artwork on the table I don't currently recognize (although appears to be an aircraft). Anyone have any thoughts?

FB_IMG_1565327317876

FB_IMG_1565327327343

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA