New HK Models Kit TBA @ US Nats!

LSP_Kevin

7 minutes ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Still, was a poor marketing move with the "new kit" raffle.

100% agreed. Lots and LOTS of unneeded wiggle room for people to start drawing conclusions of their own regardless of what evidence is presented. All could have been avoided by simply announcing the kit and scale, if it was/is already in a state enough to know 100% its being brought to market. 

40 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I don't think there was ever any intention to raffle or give away a kit in Chattanooga.  Not sure where that originated.

33 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Again, I don't think HKM ever stated their new announcement was an LSP.  That was an assumption on the part of many people that was not supported by evidence.   They would have had no reason to do so, since the kit is NOT an LSP.

"Failure to communicate" does not even begin to explain this mess. Everything about this "announcement" was confusing. 

Radu 

18 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Just had an email from Neil. The new announcement that was going to be made at Chattanooga has encountered a slight delay.

HOWEVER - it is NOT a new LSP subject.  That’s not to say there aren’t new LSP subjects coming, there are. Just that the next one up isn’t an LSP.

Why not make kits of, say, ships or even space stuff ? If it sells, why not ? 

Trying to piece the available "evidence" together was a complete hoot. Very enjoyable. 

However, it is a reminder of what a useless platform Farcebook is for promotional announcements. 

Hope things return to normal in HK, whether or not I get to see the F-4K/M before snuffing it. 

Tony 

Edited by Tony T
Pshss: if it's a 1/48 Bf 110 G-4 I'm NOT buying it

14 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

so can someone please tell me exactly what was announced?

I am very confused!

Nothing. All marketing hype and bullsh*t which should have been updated as a matter of courtesy. The wedding's still off and everyone's gone to the pub to play darts. 

Announcement was as in post one, plus a raffle Radu apparently witnessed without any kit to give there and then, and a non disclosure agreement between Merit and Hong Kong Models meaning no announcement actually is to be made before the kit comes out at the end of September — although that, apparently, might be further delayed.

Jennings has come along with more potential fake news based on a couple of emails where, no doubt, much was lost in translation and where Neil is in the midst of pro-democracy student unrest and very busy. The "latest" (this is cracking me up!) is it's not an LSP! 

So, if it is a new kit it's now allegedly/fake news (delete as appropriate) of anything but an LSP but the decals remain designed by a WW2 SME. That could mean 1/32 airfield vehicle(s), smaller scale aircraft, or anything really. 

I no longer care as long as this makes money for HKM so they push the F-4K/M quicker down the line towards release.

Tony 

I grew up with "Radio Yerevan jokes." This whole situation reminds me of this joke: 

Radio Yerevan was asked: "Is it correct that Grigori Grigorievich Grigoriev won a luxury car at the All-Union Championship in Moscow? 

Radio Yerevan answered: "In principle, yes. But first of all it was not Grigori Grigorievich Grigoriev, but Vassili Vassilievich Vassiliev; second, it was not at the All-Union Championship in Moscow, but at a Collective Farm Sports Festival in Smolensk; third, it was not a car, but a bicycle; and fourth he didn't win it, but rather it was stolen from him."

Radu 

Edited by Radub

30 minutes ago, Radub said:

I grew up with "Radio Yerevan jokes." This whole situation reminds me of this joke: 

Radio Yerevan was asked: "Is it correct that Grigori Grigorievich Grigoriev won a luxury car at the All-Union Championship in Moscow? 

Radio Yerevan answered: "In principle, yes. But first of all it was not Grigori Grigorievich Grigoriev, but Vassili Vassilievich Vassiliev; second, it was not at the All-Union Championship in Moscow, but at a Collective Farm Sports Festival in Smolensk; third, it was not a car, but a bicycle; and fourth he didn't win it, but rather it was stolen from him."

Radu 

Oh so true.......

Lothar 

18 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Nothing, just hot air, plus it's not going to be an LSP, so I'm moving it to General Discussion, where hopefully it'll wither away... 

One can only hope!

Barry