New HK Models Kit TBA @ US Nats!

LSP_Kevin

24 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

And it would probably sell in the high tens.  Maybe.

That would at least beat the JU 52. 

Neil also expressed interest in the Beaufighter when he was in Melbourne a few years back, but, as with the Halifax, he was just being polite..

On 8/12/2019 at 9:01 PM, Markjames1968 said:

If the Hoover marketing issue you mentioned was in the UK for free flights to America, yes its very true. Absolutely incredible how stupid some companies can be....

aaaah Hoover????  oh sorry thought you were talking about a 32nd scale Lockheed Viking, ok disregard all after "aaaah Hoover".............:wicked:

43 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Just had an email from Neil. The new announcement that was going to be made at Chattanooga has encountered a slight delay.

HOWEVER - it is NOT a new LSP subject.  That’s not to say there aren’t new LSP subjects coming, there are. Just that the next one up isn’t an LSP.

If I'm reading you correctly Jennings, this new "secret" release is in a scale different than 1/32? Or, is it a LSP, just not a "new" project?

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

16 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

It is not a "large scale" release (ie: not 1/32 or 1/24, etc)

Bummer.

If I was any of the guys that made sure they were there for that give away, I would now have a sinking feeling of having to get rid of an eventual kit Id receive and likely never build since it would (likely) be in a scale I dont build in. 

Thanks for the info Jennings

it's somehow weird marketing to keep LSP world excited for 10 days just to let them know it's different scale. This could be mentioned in announcement at least that they will try different scale for the first time.

now even new Bf-109 would make all of us more happy :D:D

jan

10 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Again, I don't think HKM ever stated their new announcement was an LSP.  That was an assumption on the part of many people that was not supported by evidence.   They would have had no reason to do so, since the kit is NOT an LSP.

I was aware there was no actual kit give away, I was simply referring to receiving a kit from the give away raffle at the Merit table. Basically a give away of a kit with no info on type, scale ect, ect. 

29 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

But as I've said several times before, there are several new LSP's under active development at HKM.  I just pray that the current goings-on in Hong Kong don't end up in disaster.  I remember 1989 all too well, and that's going to look like a Sunday picnic if the PRC military invades HK.

Yep, that could throw in monkey wrench in things for a bit.....