New HK Models Kit TBA @ US Nats!

LSP_Kevin

21 minutes ago, mozart said:

So after all this, we're no further forward in knowing a great deal, if anything to be honest, about a possible 1/32nd scale new kit from HK? :huh:

1/32 Ww2, probably Axis. NOT P-51B, Ju-52 or Phantom.

But Phantom F-4K/M likely to be out 1st or 2nd Quarter next year. Hope I get to see it.

That's all the info I need. 

Unfortunately my own and others' fishing expeditions were thwarted by diversionary smoke. 

Tony

Edited by Tony T
shshh... if it's a Bf 110 G-4 I'll buy one

21 minutes ago, Tony T said:

1/32 Ww2, probably Axis. NOT P-51B, Ju-52 or Phantom.

But Phantom F-4K/M likely to be out 1st or 2nd Quarter next year. Hope I get to see it.

That's all the info I need.

Unfortunately my own and others' fishing expeditions were thwarted by diversionary smoke. 

Even if you’re correct in all of that Tony, it seems a very peculiar marketing ploy on HK’s behalf which I don’t begin to understand!

3 minutes ago, mozart said:

Even if you’re correct in all of that Tony, it seems a very peculiar marketing ploy on HK’s behalf which I don’t begin to understand!

Agreed Max!  All they had to do in this instance to go from what most would consider a real let down, to an amazing opportunity to get some needed pub and hype on an upcoming release is to just announce what it is.   No need for a release date, or specifics, just a simple announcement of what the upcoming kit would be.

IMHO a squandered opportunity to get the word out there, and get some hype and excitement over the release going, which almost always boost sales.  

43 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Agreed Max!  All they had to do in this instance to go from what most would consider a real let down, to an amazing opportunity to get some needed pub and hype on an upcoming release is to just announce what it is.   No need for a release date, or specifics, just a simple announcement of what the upcoming kit would be.

I was just reading about a huge Hoover vacuum company marketing disaster that actually brought the entire company down (assuming it's true). I'm not saying this is the same at all, but still a pretty silly "marketing strategy", if that's what one chooses to call it.

15 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I was just reading about a huge Hoover vacuum company marketing disaster that actually brought the entire company down (assuming it's true). I'm not saying this is the same at all, but still a pretty silly "marketing strategy", if that's what one chooses to call it.

If the Hoover marketing issue you mentioned was in the UK for free flights to America, yes its very true. Absolutely incredible how stupid some companies can be....

For sure, it’s poor marketing, but the reality is that it likely won’t matter at all.  When the kit is finally announced, it will get the same reaction as if it were announced last week.  People will either be interested in the kit or they won’t.  I can’t imagine anyone saying that they would have been interested in the kit, but not now since HK let me down by not announcing at the Nats like they promised.

31 minutes ago, Markjames1968 said:

If the Hoover marketing issue you mentioned was in the UK for free flights to America, yes its very true. Absolutely incredible how stupid some companies can be....

Yep, that's the same fiasco that I read about.

Very frankly I'm hoping this will be a jet and ideally a cold war one. The number of not yet released WW2 major actors is quickly decreasing whereas jet releases are becoming very rare in large scale. WW1 is also rather well covered now with regard to regular releases. Moreover, it also looks we won't have anymore many resin options for them as Fisher stopped production, Hph is also interested for some time in WW2 topics and LEM is focusing now on smaller planes... 

Ok so this will obviously be a 1/32 F-22 with weapons bays opening/closing via HK's new App... which btw also enables you to turn on your air-compressor while on vacation in Hawaii (assuming we have opted for the $799 connectivity upgrade for our compressors).

Marcel

PS Word on the street is that there will soon be a premium version of the App which will enable canopy opening/closing and, possibly, a jet fuel smell simulation. But those are just rumors...

Edited by Marcel111

5 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Very frankly I'm hoping this will be a jet and ideally a cold war one. The number of not yet released WW2 major actors is quickly decreasing whereas jet releases are becoming very rare in large scale. WW1 is also rather well covered now with regard to regular releases. Moreover, it also looks we won't have anymore many resin options for them as Fisher stopped production, Hph is also interested for some time in WW2 topics and LEM is focusing now on smaller planes... 

LSP member Maciej Goralczyk, known here as barkhorn, is designing the decals. He is a WW2 SME and is being sent a test shot for decal fit checks. 

He has also stated it's not the Auntie Junkers or an early Mustang.

Merit pledged six kits to raffle winners without announcing the subject, which is due to start shipping by the end of September. So, unlikely to be a mega expensive kit such as a B-29 n'est ce pas? 

So, taking in all those factors, yeah, sure, why not a Mod 1181 RF-101C with working KA-1, -56 and KS-72 cameras or a latex replica of Sasha Bonilova?
Might be wrong but I still think it's a Bf 110 G-4, Me 410 or — blimey — an attempt to cash-in on the Fw 190 craze (God help us)

Tony