New HK Models Kit TBA @ US Nats!

LSP_Kevin

2 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Administrator should lock this imaginary thread going forward.  Someone will likely blow an O ring soon.  

I couldn’t help myself after Radu’s comment above.  :coolio:

Yeah...  Especially if "someone" finds out the kit is a modern jet and not a Luftwaffe prop job.  :piliot:

3 hours ago, Tony T said:

Summary of facts we know:

It's coming out at the end of next month ... In theory - New releases are ALWAYS later than the date indicated - So I'm not taking that for Gospel.

It's a WW2 subject but is not the P-51B/C ... How do we know for certain that it's a WWII subject, again?

Six were pledged in a raffle, so it's unlikely to be a very expensive subject  = one prop probably ... The first part is fact - 6 raffle ticket winners ... but the rest is speculation ... It could easily be a bigger kit like a twin. The Meteor retail wasn't that high and Average non-Revell kit value for anything in 1/32 these days has to be $100+

------

The whinge Radu missed out: not another kit of that type ... A forgone conclusion, apparently.

------

Tony 

Roger, I was trying to fish. 

But, using a degree of instinct:

With the Polish WW2 SME designing the decals, WW2 is a certainty and Moxi a high probability (but it could be a jet or rocket plane rather than a prop). So, forget about a Vampire T.11 or Super Mystère (yeah, as if some of us were going to get that lucky!) 

I'd love to see a Beau VI.f but that's too complex and involved to keep under wraps. Ditto a P-38 probably. 

I believe if it's not yet another Wurger or possibly a Bf 108, it's a Bf 110 G-4, Me 410 or similar.

Tony 

Edited by Tony T
chop

I assumed it was either a joke or a typo.

A 108 would be a gigantic flop and a complete waste when they could go with so many other Luftwaffe aircraft, let alone subjects from other airforces.

But hey yeah, go for it if they want to sell about 2 kits...

If i’m HK, I’m getting the P-51 B/C to market ASAP - that’s my cash cow.

Whilst the Brit Phantom is cool (I’d buy one) I do wonder how commercially viable it is - I see it as being a very Brit-only subject in terms of appeal.

The next big aircraft I’d do would be a He177.

You know no-one else is going to do one, it’s massive (despite being only 2 nacelles), and we know Luftwaffe generally outsells anything - just needs to be a proper combat aircraft, not a piddly trainer thing!

But that’s just me, and I’m not HK...

I think an HK British Phantom would be  good seller actually,

1) it's an f-4 phantom

2) there are many different and cool schemes to do for both RAF and RN

3) It would be new tool 1/32 version of  classic fighter

4) HK makes good kits

Edited by The Dude

Yeah, the whole thing was meant to be slightly tongue-in-cheek. Bf 108 Taifun, Wurger, not really bothered as they're not my thing. 

Ask yourself: what could HKM produce and keep under wraps, that a WW2 SME designs the decals for, and Merit are content to raffle away six of without any kind of announcement?  And which fits into HKM's product line?

That does narrow things to something akin to a Bf 110 G. Or maybe a Me 410. But it might still be a P-40.

We don't have to wait long — six weeks only — to find out for sure. I'm happy as the F-4K/M is not that far off.

Tony 

1 minute ago, Tony T said:

Yeah, the whole thing was meant to be slightly tongue-in-cheek. Bf 108 Taifun, Wurger, not really bothered as they're not my thing. 

Ask yourself: what could HKM produce and keep under wraps, that a WW2 SME designs the decals for, and Merit are content to raffle away six of without any kind of announcement?  And which fits into HKM's product line?

That does narrow things to something akin to a Bf 110 G. Or maybe a Me 410. But it might still be a P-40.

We don't have to wait long — six weeks only — to find out for sure. I'm happy as the F-4K/M is not that far off.

Tony 

I could do a 110G and 410. Not sure 'bout my wallet handling it though.. :lol: