New HK Models Kit TBA @ US Nats!

LSP_Kevin

Don.  Remember 1 in 6 Singaporeans are millionaires.  We live 139 kilometers from the equator and love every minute of our expat tenure.  Sun up and sun set are four minutes difference all year apart.   The best days are watching the USA Super Bowl on a Monday morning at 7:00 am.  15 minutes once the sun rises.  Best days in Singapore at the PB bar.  Shhhhhh.  Don’t let anyone contemplate this.  

Isnt this a case of the tail wagging the dog?  surely then the US distributor is putting itself forward to handle all of HK's marketing?

I must be honest, I do think HK has missed a trick.

The announcement would have only needed box art or test shots to surface and boom!  the hobby would go crackers with publicity and speculation, followed up by a short lead in, would have been ideal, I think!  

Edited by Phartycr0c

This sounds weird. If the kits will start shipping in September, why not preview the subject and build some interest? WNW showed models that would shop next year. Tamiya previewed the P-38 that will hit the markets in a few months. It is not like, by revealing it now, some other manufacturer would "beat" them to the market in the next month. David Francis was writing his show report and asked them for that information so that it would be included in the September issue, right on time for the kit release. They kept refusing. 

I truly hope this will work out for them. 

Radu

I'll go against the grain a little and would say bravo! 

Don't announce what it is until it's released. There's no time for folk to dissect it before they've even seen it. We don't get pages of "oh god, they've done this wrong, they've done that wrong".

i like the idea of looking forward to a new release being available before I know what it is. Builds a bit of excitement and anticipation. 

It kind of reminds me a little of air shows. They were so much more enjoyable when you didn't know the participants. Something exotic was a surprise. The Internet killed that now with participants announced months in advance, with time for people to complain like mad that this isn't flying or that's cancelled. It takes the fun out of it.

well, 12 pages with 10k views, and we don't know the type yet :D

I don't mind to wait 2 more months for new B-26 or Beaufighter ;)

there is one poster over on britmodeller saying that "it won't be any of the 'rumoured' subjects mentioned in the 2nd post." That would exclude Ju-52, F-4K/M and P-51B/C

however I cannot comment on credibility of the OP

5 hours ago, Jan_G said:

well, 12 pages with 10k views, and we don't know the type yet :D

I don't mind to wait 2 more months for new B-26 or Beaufighter ;)

there is one poster over on britmodeller saying that "it won't be any of the 'rumoured' subjects mentioned in the 2nd post." That would exclude Ju-52, F-4K/M and P-51B/C

however I cannot comment on credibility of the OP

Said poster designs decals for HK, so he knows what he's working on ;)
Although in the case of Phantoms he'll probably leave the job to someone else.

41 minutes ago, 32scalelover said:

Weird.... when you go to HK models web site it has a black and white pic of a Spey Phantom at the top.  Not sure if this is just because they announced it in the past, or if it is the new release.:hmmm:

https://www.hk-models.com/hkm/

Yep, a shot of a Phantom's nose, a shot of a radial engine in a twin-engine wing, and a shot of a jet engine's backside.

Adam

15 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

We don't get pages of "oh god, they've done this wrong, they've done that wrong".

That will happen anyway! I can tell you right now how it will go:

- wrong version, I wanted the other one

- the whatchamacallit on the yoke that extends from the whatsit is wrong

- it costs how much? For that money I can get many other things that are completely unrelated

- someone will say "lock the thread" or something like that.

:-)

Radu

Summary of facts we know:

It's coming out at the end of next month

It's a WW2 subject but is not the P-51B/C

Six were pledged in a raffle, so it's unlikely to be a very expensive subject  = one prop probably 

------

The whinge Radu missed out: not another kit of that type

------

Tony