New HK Models Kit TBA @ US Nats!

LSP_Kevin

1 hour ago, Radub said:

That artwork is a bare metal B-25 with a glazed nose. I have not talked to the people at the stand, I just passed by quickly. I am sharing the stand with SAM Publications and in as far as I understand from David Francis, the editor of SAMI, he was still waiting for an "official announcement" from HK and an image for publication. 

Radu

Hey Radu, 

I did speak speak with the rep and the 25 is not the new release in question.

Ryan

42 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Huh?

As in "the wedding's off. Somebody's screwed the bride and we can't find the beer"

What we're waiting for is "wedding's back on. The guy who screwed the bride has apologised and we've found the beer"

Tony 

2 minutes ago, Tony T said:

As in "the wedding's off. Somebody's screwed the bride and we can't find the beer"

What we're waiting for is "wedding's back on. The guy who screwed the bride has apologised and we've found the beer"

Tony 

Actually ... that's a very good metaphor to describe the sentiment!! :D

Rog :)

9 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I'm not 100% sure the communication on this was in fact accurate.  The Spey Phantom has already been announced (several years ago).  

We're not necessarily expecting anything previously unannounced. What we wanted to know is what is the all new tool for 2019 that's coming out in the fourth quarter.

If it's a Spey Phantom HKM will make my year. That kit is top of my list. 

Cheers

Tony 

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

Whatever it may be, this thread is clearly demonstrating HK communication and marketing policy is rather efficient: 8 pages of posts about nothing except their brand and a vapor kit...! 

I was just thinking how horrible their marketing was, then realized they are actually geniuses, for the reasons you mention! 

:rofl:

24 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Neil has a long history of making release plans that don't come to pass by the date he says (and he's far from alone in that).  Just going by what he's been telling me in emails, I'm not sure this is going to be any different.  It's already mid-August, meaning that there are only basically four months left in the year.  The best laid plans of mice and men...

Don't worry, this will happen. The decal design phase for the newly tooled kit will start on Sunday night, as tonight I'm finishing decals for another anticipated kit, and the test sprues of the newly tooled one are still on their way from China, so it will take a few days until I have something to test-fit the design.

The box shown at Nats is of a new B-25J 'Glass Nose' boxing - the initial one is sold out.