New HK Models Kit TBA @ US Nats!

LSP_Kevin

39 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

Back to the HK release, does anyone know when the announcement will be made?

Are HK actually there, and if so can someone attending try to find out when they will be giving us the news?

Normally the US NATs get rolling with all the vendors in the afternoon on Wednesday, but not all the vendors are usually there on Wednesday. Some vendors show up the next day, but most seem to get there on Wed. 

I would usually suspect that they would have some sort of representative there, as they did last year at the US NATs in PHX. 

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Neil hasn't mentioned anything about traveling to the US in our recent emails.  He only just came back to work after a serious shoulder injury and subsequent surgery and physical therapy.  I wouldn't bet on him being there.

Sorry to hear that. Hope he's well.

But somebody is alleged to be raffling six of the new kits (to be sent out later) at the Merit International table in Block 36.

Or the Facebook link in post # 1 is fake news.

Curiouser and curiouser as Alice might have said. 

Tony 

Did Hong Kong Models have an office party on 5 August? That's usually the circumstances when someone, the worst for drink, might post b/s on a promotional web page. 

They did say it would ready in the 4th Quarter of this year — nobody is alleged to be raffling ready goods.

But whatever it is can wait. Just a very strange announcement (and the reason I gave up FB eight years ago).

Tony 

It looks like the image posted on their Facebook page has been altered slightly, as it now states: 

New Release

Our All NEW TOOLING model kit for 2019

It will not be ready for the premier at the 2019 IPMS National

show at Chattanooga, US. We will raffle off 6 of this kit at the

Merit International table at Block 36

Actual Model kit will be dispatched in 4th Quarter 2019

That's pretty confusing if you ask me. But again, if its "fake news", why are they leaving it up on their page? Who the heck knows. I guess the real test will be if we see a new kit from them by the end of the year. What a disappointment.

Now, if only the WnW Fokker Dr.1 was going to be 2019, not 2020...

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

6 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

It looks like the image posted on their Facebook page has been altered slightly, as it now states: 

New Release

Our All NEW TOOLING model kit for 2019

It will not be ready for the premier at the 2019 IPMS National

show at Chattanooga, US. We will raffle off 6 of this kit at the

Merit International table at Block 36

Actual Model kit will be dispatched in 4th Quarter 2019

That's pretty confusing if you ask me. But again, if its "fake news", why are they leaving it up on their page? Who the heck knows. I guess the real test will be if we see a new kit from them by the end of the year. What a disappointment.

Now, if only the WnW Fokker Dr.1 was going to be 2019, not 2020...

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

That's actually the original text, Dennis. It's something (the "not" qualifier) I noticed immediately prior to making the initial post of this thread. It clearly stated exactly what you've quoted right from the beginning. It does seem odd, though, that we're still yet to hear what it is. In fact, I reached out to Neil directly about it, and he's yet to get back to me.

Kev

The te

18 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I'm not aware of a new surprise kit that is ready for raffling off.  There are several yet to be announced products under development, but none at that stage that I'm aware of.  Neil has been pouring every ounce of effort and money into getting the Lancaster on the market for most of the past year.  

The text was direct from Merit and their facebook page , its been modified since it was originally posted on facebook by adding the word NOT.

i posted on the facebook link that it was unlikey that they would be releasing anything with such short notice and merit said the were ‘trusting in Hk’ that the info was correct 

Okay, so a new iPad and a bottle of Cognac for me instead.

Sure there'll be some fiscal scope for an expensive HKM kit next Spring, if I haven't snuffed it. 

And there's the 1/72 Airfix Buccaneer and Zvevda Razor as autumnal beer money distractions

Tony