Trumpeter P-40N sprue shots up

docdodj01

On 8/10/2019 at 2:13 PM, FCM said:

Luckily we have very good P-40 kits from Hasegawa. So we can ignore these shoddy kits that Trumpeter has made. but we need to hope for Hasegawa bring us back the K and M versions.

The latest P-40N release from Eduard is, of course, Hasegawa plastic.

It has the tail and canopy parts included such that you can build P-40E, K (long tail), M, or N.

That was cool on their part and I may snag another one of those before they are long gone.

On 8/8/2019 at 12:45 AM, Dpgsbody55 said:

Looking at this only makes me wish even more for a Tamiya P-40.......  :crying:

Cheers,

Michael

You know, there are only so many famous single engine fighters from WWII, and that number isn't really changing any time soon.

Wouldn't it be crazy for Tamiya to pump out 2 or 3 famous WWII aircraft a year, in 1/32 scale, until they have pretty much made them all? 

They like to keep things in production forever anyway; they'd have many years to get their money back and the kits would likely remain the best of their type for the next decade and more.

One can dream.

I agree....although if it says “Tamiya” on the box with the scale 1/32 beside it, I’d buy one no matter what it was. Ok that’s a lie...it could be anything from 1/144 to 1/24 but not cars.....well...ok that’s a lie too.

On 8/10/2019 at 2:13 PM, FCM said:

Luckily we have very good P-40 kits from Hasegawa. So we can ignore these shoddy kits that Trumpeter has made. but we need to hope for Hasegawa bring us back the K and M versions.

Most Hasegawa kits in 1/32 scale are like 1/72 kits increased in size. 

Actually, some of Tamiya's latest 1/72 kits offer more in the way of cockpit parts and detail.

I too, also hope that Hasegawa re-releases their “N” kit in the foreseeable future. I never managed to acquire one, and for awhile there the prices being fetched online had gotten ridiculous for a 60.00 kit.  Watched the forums for a long time, but was always pipped to the post. Truly a bummer for this P-40 fan!

THOR    :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2019 at 8:39 AM, bdthoresen said:

I too, also hope that Hasegawa re-releases their “N” kit in the foreseeable future. I never managed to acquire one, and for awhile there the prices being fetched online had gotten ridiculous for a 60.00 kit.  Watched the forums for a long time, but was always pipped to the post. Truly a bummer for this P-40 fan!

THOR    :ph34r:

For a little more money in the Eduard boxing, you get all the excellent Hasegawa plastic (and all the parts to build any Allison engine Kittyhawk except short tail "K").

You also get nice resin wheels, some photoetch, and a gorgeous decal sheet.  There are still some of them available from places like Squadron.com

Edited by KUROK
spelling and info correction