Model Monkey at Chattanooga, and early Spitfire and Hurricane Merlin engine "orange slice" exhausts.

Model_Monkey

For fans of the classic Hasegawa 1/32 scale Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vb, a more accurate and better detailed spinner has been added to the Model Monkey catalog.  It is intended as a direct replacement for 1/32 scale Hasegawa kits' spinner parts. 

This 3D-printed spinner features an accurate shape, raised fairings on the front edge of the propeller blade apertures, attach/detach slot-connector, and spot-weld detail.

file.php?id=119342&mode=view

file.php?id=119343&mode=view

file.php?id=119344&mode=view

file.php?id=119345&mode=view

file.php?id=119346&mode=view

file.php?id=119347&mode=view

Edited by Model_Monkey
Updated.

Thanks Anthony!  Your new spinner will be in the mail tomorrow (Wednesday).

I hope to design wide-chord Rotol blades, too.  Presently, the kind of authoritative, fully dimensioned 2D reference needed to design an accurately shaped and sized blade has not yet been found.  What is needed is a drawing similar to the one below (drawing is of another propeller blade, not the Rotol wide-chord drawing needed). 

Any help from you Spitfire experts is hugely appreciated!

If there is any interest, I am happy to offer a four-bladed spinner for the Hasegawa Spitfire Mk.VI, and a corrected spinner for the Revell new-tool Mk.IXc.  The Revell kit's spinner is shaped very well.  The detailing is a bit off.

file.php?id=119376&mode=view

Here's what I do know about the Rotol wide-chord propeller:

overall dimensions: 160 x 26.7 x 17.1cm (63 x 10 1/2 x 6 3/4 in.)
Storage: 201.9 x 66.7 x 52.7cm (79 1/2 x 26 1/4 x 20 3/4 in.)

Type: Three-Blade, Constant-Speed, Wood and Metal
Diameter: 320 cm (126 in.)
Chord: 26.7 cm (10.5 in.)
Engine Application: Rolls-Royce Merlin

Edited by Model_Monkey

• 2 weeks later...

Hello gents

Well, first up, thank you Steve!  Your Spitfire Rotol spinner arrived in the post a short time ago and all I can say is....WOW!!!  You have a client for life after seeing the quality and detail you have put into this spinner.  At a quick glance it looks like it will be a perfect fit for my Tamiya IX-V conversion.  We just need some nice blades now to go with it (oh and some fishtail exhausts...;)

Highly recommended