Jedha City..... the kit build

spacewolf

2 hours ago, ringleheim said:

Looks great and that's a very interesting kit! 

This concept of "miniature city" could be used for many different modeling subjects.

I wish we saw more unusual subjects for models.  There is so much out there in the world that would make a good model!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments !! Ringleheim, what did you have in mind ?. This is the second city I've done and they certainly seem to strike a chord with modelers. What subjects were you thinking of ?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Alain Gadbois said:

Very cool!

How does it feel to build the kit with the parts you created?

The mismatch is probably caused by the flexibility of the silicone mold, while the resin is setting.

It feels odd... and a bit frustrating to have to clean up parts I've already made ! :lol:.. and ya.. resin bits that big can be easily warped by slight variations in the rubber.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 7:14 PM, spacewolf said:

Thanks everyone for the kind comments !! Ringleheim, what did you have in mind ?. This is the second city I've done and they certainly seem to strike a chord with modelers. What subjects were you thinking of ?

Sorry to be so late getting back to you.  There are tons of possibilities!  

Various worlds from famous literature like Lord of the Rings.  A miniature Minas Tirith would be great.

Or more generic things like "medieval city" or "Italian renaissance city" or "Feudal Japan city".  

Or tributes to specific real world locations, like "Giza Plateau and surrounding stuff as it appeared at the time of the building of the pyramids" or the sweet spot of downtown Paris with the Eiffel Tower, the river, key buildings, the Champs Elysees, and so on.

I also meant that much more broadly, there are a ton of things out there in the world that would make an interesting model kit, but kits of them don't exist.  Model manufacturers tend to stick to an incredibly narrow scope.  For example, they have "combat aircraft of WWII" covered I would say.  But I would enjoy seeing some creativity and veering out into other areas.

I realize they want to stick with tried and true performers, because money is on the line.  It's the same reason we get the same movies from Hollywood over and over and over and over.

Your work is lovely!