New Movie Inbound - 1917

John1

I don’t know if this it but there is a film being made on Salisbury Plain. You could see a white tent city and there was a overflight ban. You could see it from the roadside and security guarding the entrance tank track.

Steve.

Thanks for posting.  This looks really good to me, actually.

There has definitely been a resurgence of interest in WWI in recent years, after many years of it being forgotten and set in the shadows of WWII.  I'm enjoying it immensely.

I have spent many years studying WWII, but generally knew very little of WWI.

I then discovered Dan Carlin's "Hardcore History" podcast and his 6 part series called "Blueprint for Armageddon" all about WWI.

It completely blew me away and I would urge anyone with an interest in WWI to listen to it.  It's free and many hours long.

https://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/

Just now, ade rowlands said:

Isn’t this a bit Gallipoli? Get the message to the Regiment before your mates go over the top and cop it?

Maybe, but who cares.  Looks to be generally well filmed and acted.  There aren't a lot of technically well done films about WWI.

13 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

Maybe, but who cares.  Looks to be generally well filmed and acted.  There aren't a lot of technically well done films about WWI.

Speaking of WWI (air) movies, "The Dawn Patrol" is one of my favorites.

5 hours ago, ringleheim said:

Thanks for posting.  This looks really good to me, actually.

There has definitely been a resurgence of interest in WWI in recent years, after many years of it being forgotten and set in the shadows of WWII.  I'm enjoying it immensely.

I have spent many years studying WWII, but generally knew very little of WWI.

I then discovered Dan Carlin's "Hardcore History" podcast and his 6 part series called "Blueprint for Armageddon" all about WWI.

It completely blew me away and I would urge anyone with an interest in WWI to listen to it.  It's free and many hours long.

https://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/

Love Dan Carlin! This was one of his best,  imo. Also, one of his primary references for that series,  GJ Meyers's A World Undone, is an excellent overview history of the war. 

Edited by Bstarr3