Halberd Models 1/32 Rubber Wheel Sets

LSP_Kevin

I am as well, since when you get burnt on something a time or two, you get leery.   I agree in the review they look lovely, but I keep coming back to how to accurately and flatly get a weighted spot on them. 

Look lovely. Right up my street. If I ever get well enough to resume modelling I could use a set under my two-pound Tomcat.

Where are these made and who sells them? And how much are they? I don't do Facebook.

Tony 

Just came across the thread where we discussed these in April (doh!). They're made in Zaporozhye, Ukraine, which is good with me, but no suggested retailer/website. 

Want to suggest wheels for the Tamiya FB.VI Mosquitoes (1/32 and 1/48) 

Tony

On 8/2/2019 at 7:08 AM, Out2gtcha said:

I am as well, since when you get burnt on something a time or two, you get leery.   I agree in the review they look lovely, but I keep coming back to how to accurately and flatly get a weighted spot on them. 

There isn't much compression in the tires. You could get there by pinning them, but I think even then it wouldn't be a huge amount. I suggested to them to make at least 1/4 of the tire hollow which would greatly help. We shall see. Not sure of the feasibility of casting them that way. 

I always loved rubber vinyl tyres and always thought I was in a minority.

Just my luck to buy the one Tamiya prop that comes with plastic flatties, the Mosquito* — sorry, I want the option of suspending models from the ceiling or putting them on a shelf. 

Really, what we want are plastic roundies and flatties included as options in every model box. But I really like the look of these Halberd Models wheels sets if the stub side of the tyre can be trimmed easily. 

Please Halberd, do 1/48 and 1/32 FB.VI Mosquito wheels for the Tamiya kits.

Tony 

* and a Zero 21, which does, but that doesn't count as it's destined to become a Suisen 2 floatplane. 

I think the material used is a soft resin the stuff we use in our flexi ammo belts and feeds.

I have been playing with this stuff for years with the hope of tyres that compress  themselves "no luck" the material is way to hard unless you can cast it hollow not an easy process.

Silicon might work but resin moulds and a material that's "Non Stick"

The holy grail still awaits :BANGHEAD2:

Bob

7 hours ago, Bob MDC said:

I think the material used is a soft resin the stuff we use in our flexi ammo belts and feeds.

I have been playing with this stuff for years with the hope of tyres that compress  themselves "no luck" the material is way to hard unless you can cast it hollow not an easy process.

Silicon might work but resin moulds and a material that's "Non Stick"

The holy grail still awaits :BANGHEAD2:

Bob

I don't think it is flexible resin, it is much softer. Like I said in the review, it is much more like a soft O-ring, and as they say it is a material intended for industrial applications. Softer than vinyl, too, and no seam to remove but would still need to be hollow to get decent bulge to show weight.

• 1 year later...

Hello.
Thanks to Kevin for reviewing our kits.
I wanted to answer a few questions raised in this topic.
The first sets for Mosquito, most likely we will not be able to make.
The problem is that the tire pattern will tear the rubber of the mold after several casts due to the very small size of the disk relative to the size of the wheel itself.
And since the tire itself cannot be processed without consequences from the outside, the production loses all meaning.
The second one can buy our kits only in our store on EBay.

https://www.ebay.com/str/halberdmodels
Thirdly, we started making tires with adjustable sag, and we also plan to re-release several early sets with this feature.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F235080958-a-26bc-invader-wheel-set-3225-for-hobby-boss-132%2F&fbclid=IwAR17qGyyof9z3tcpKnUzXEKQMOcQIjua5TNac3oN0gkUJ__sKAD9a_dGHZI
Fourth, I already wrote about this before, if anyone has problems with our kits, we are always happy to help, we change damaged or incorrectly processed parts for free.
If you have any questions, I will always be happy to answer.
Sincerely from Ukraine, Andrey.