Revell 03875: Messerschmitt Me 262 A-1/A-2

LSP_Kevin

I wish these reviews would add a photograph of every page of the manual.  That would be incredibly useful.

It appears this kit does not address a major shortcoming of the 2 seater; the gun bay doors are molded as a single part assuming you want to close the area up entirely.  If you want to open one or both doors, you must cut the door piece in half, and then you realize there is no method engineered into the kit for actually attaching the doors to the fuselage in an "up" position.  

The whole section is incredibly poorly engineered and would have been a great area for improvement on this kit.

Looks like it's just as it was on the 2 seater, which was to be expected given the manufacturer.

4 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

I wish these reviews would add a photograph of every page of the manual.  That would be incredibly useful.

It appears this kit does not address a major shortcoming of the 2 seater; the gun bay doors are molded as a single part assuming you want to close the area up entirely.  If you want to open one or both doors, you must cut the door piece in half, and then you realize there is no method engineered into the kit for actually attaching the doors to the fuselage in an "up" position.  

The whole section is incredibly poorly engineered and would have been a great area for improvement on this kit.

Looks like it's just as it was on the 2 seater, which was to be expected given the manufacturer.

There’s little value in photographing the manual for a Revell kit, since it’s usually on their website.

https://stage.revell.de/fileadmin/import/images/bau/03875_%23BAU_MESSERSCHMITT_ME262A1_A2.PDF

Edited by Dave Williams

7 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

For the manuals I usually look at 1999.jo website

It’s 1999.co.jp

its a great resource, but usually only provides the instructions for Asian manufacturers, like Japanese companies, Trumpeter/Hobbyboss, Academy, etc.  They usually don’t have instructions for European companies like Revell or Italeri.

Another source for manuals is super-hobby.com

Edited by Dave Williams

1 hour ago, ringleheim said:

I've done exactly that with the last several kits that I've reviewed for this site, and will continue to do so. I also include all relevant sprue shots, instructions and decals in the specific kit database as well.

When I taped the fuselage parts together, to fit and photograph the AIMS U3 conversion, and it sat a wee distance from me it looked right scale-wise because the surface detail is restrained, and with the bombs, rockets, fuel tanks, and even nightfighter aerials - for those who might wish to make a single seat prototype, though the mounts are different - the Revell provides more options than any of the Trumpeter releases.