AIMS 1/48 Do 217 N-2/R22 conversion

Pastor John

Hi everyone, a first look at the new AIMS 1/48 Do 217 N-2/R22 conversion for the excellent ICM Do 217 N-1 kit. It is not ready for sale yet as I wanted the set to include some additional photo etch parts like the cabin door - these will be with me soon. Total for the conversion is £20.00 plus shipping and if you are interested please email me at aimsmodels1@gmail.com
Many thanks, John

Do-217-N2-parts.jpgDo-217-N2-front.jpgDo-217-N2-top.jpg

3 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Very nice John, a real shame nobody has given us a 32nd scale Do 217 isn't it. 

Im not the hugest fan, but always thought a flying pencil/Do-217 would be a cool model(s)  in 32nd, and with all the Luftwaffe bombers in 32nd these days, I thought for sure wed have one by now. 

27 minutes ago, Pastor John said:

Hi Andy - it was not on my mind to be honest but now it is - drat as if I did not have enough to do! Anyway If I did it would not be any time soon I am afraid

Ah but at least it's in your head now John, super cool looking subjects arent they !!

Regards. Andy

ICM has been cranking out a variety of Dornier designs the past few years with the earlier Do17Z variants and at least two variants of the Do 215. Now that they have the molds to do the 217 air frame one  can only hope they will do the K and M variants. I would also like to see them do the earlier 17E and P variants as well but I'm probably dreaming there.

Are those upward firing cannons on the top of the fuselage ? I'm surprised they would carry both the nose guns and the upper guns, no wonder it was considered under powered and sluggish !

8 hours ago, Old Dog said:

ICM has been cranking out a variety of Dornier designs the past few years with the earlier Do17Z variants and at least two variants of the Do 215. Now that they have the molds to do the 217 air frame one  can only hope they will do the K and M variants. I would also like to see them do the earlier 17E and P variants as well but I'm probably dreaming there.

Are those upward firing cannons on the top of the fuselage ? I'm surprised they would carry both the nose guns and the upper guns, no wonder it was considered under powered and sluggish !

Yes, It carried Schräge musik And an 8 gun forward battery.  I am surprised most of all that they continued to carry four forward firing MG-17's.  Though the Mg-17 is relatively light, all of that ammo and the guns themselves might have weighed 500 LBS.