New Tool: F-14A/D Tamiya 1/32 (scale up 48) - wish.

timvkampen

Although a most likely stunning P-38 in the 48-scale will appear, let's look ahead and banter about a new tool 1/32 scale F-14A/D Tomcat. It will star in the upcoming Top Gun: Maverick movie next year.

It will also be a good occassion since the first flight took place on 21 December 1970!!! Yes, people, 50 years ago!

Upscaling the 48 Tomcat or using all that data to create a new 32-version should be a piece of cake for Tamiya...

T

55 minutes ago, timvkampen said:

Although a most likely stunning P-38 in the 48-scale will appear, let's look ahead and banter about a new tool 1/32 scale F-14A/D Tomcat. It will star in the upcoming Top Gun: Maverick movie next year.

It will also be a good occassion since the first flight took place on 21 December 1970!!! Yes, people, 50 years ago!

Upscaling the 48 Tomcat or using all that data to create a new 32-version should be a piece of cake for Tamiya...

T

A lot of us have been saying this — that a pantographed kitty would be loverly — ever since the exquisite 1/48 F-14A and -14D Tomcats emerged.

Tamiya have been revisiting creepy crawlies with new tools, but that's no guarantee they will ever revisit the big Tomcat, sadly, despite it being one of the most popular aircraft subjects in Japan.

If you want state of the art, 1/48 scale is the best route. The Tamiya kits are super and there are other manufacturers' Kitties allegedly nearing production. The fact that this is a big jet — it's huge in 1/32 — makes quarter inch to the foot attractive, especially as other big carrier planes are available in that scale: EKA-3, RA-5, A-6, EA-6, E-2C etc. 

But we can dream. 

Tony 

Right now, we would be fortunate to get any 1/32 out Tamiya.  We may not see any 1/32 from them for a significant period of time.  I think the chances are zero in 2019.  I also feel right now the chances are low in 2020.

35 minutes ago, Tony T said:

A Sea Harrier FRS.1 — sort of Holy Grail, like the J.35 Draken. Alas, another case where only 1/48 delivers (and how I loathe the scale!)

Tony 

A Tamiya 1/32 sea harrier?? OH yeah- I'll go for that! That would be just perfect to fire up my SHAR aerial victory birds from the Falkland War 

Honestly....................

I think Tamiya is the ONLY company (WnW included as their quality is excellent, but I'm not into every WWI release as far as airframes go) that I would legitimately buy anything new they put out in 1/32nd.

With the type and eras that Tamiya put out LSP wise , if/when they put out something new in 1/32nd, Ill buy it. 

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Honestly....................

I think Tamiya is the ONLY company (WnW included as their quality is excellent, but I'm not into every WWI release as far as airframes go) that I would legitimately buy anything new they put out in 1/32nd.

With the type and eras that Tamiya put out LSP wise , if/when they put out something new in 1/32nd, Ill buy it. 

I'm on my knees praying for a 1/32 Buccaneer................:rofl:

Well, you have put it in writing now Bucko!!

:lol:

9 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Did I say anything?!??     I meant MOST anything.   :lol: 

Sorry.

I've even got a screenshot saved as I know how much you lurve the Bucc.......................................:thumbsup:

:D

Edited by PhilB