1/32 Bf 109G-6/AS conversion is almost there

Fencer-1

1 hour ago, John1 said:

Thanks for the enlightenment.  Never ceases to amaze me as to how complex the 109G lineage is.   So, are there any other -14/AS decals out there.   I'm not a big fan of the nightfighters, but so far, it looks like the only decal option is "Black 2"?

Eagle Cals has a sheet with two JG 300 G-14/AS machines: http://www.eagle-editions.com/eaglecals-81-32-bf-109-g-14-as-and-g-10s.html . In addition, if you do some research, you'll likely be able to find a G-14/AS for which you can cobble together the necessary decals from different sheets. Do note that, apart from the presence or absence of chin bulges, there are also a couple of other things to look out for when building a G-14/AS. Later production machines have the larger Fo 987 oil cooler instead of the Fo 870 that's the standard for earlier G-series. However, a lot of G-14/AS machines do have the smaller Fo 870, so that's one thing to pay attention to. In addition, according to references, a few very late production machines also had the larger main wheels and associated rectangular wing bulges, and some aircraft were also (retro)fitted with the long tail wheel.

For the G-6/AS 'Green 5' of Erg.JG 2 (the all-black Mosquito hunter), Start Verlag also offers a dedicated sheet with the markings for this machine in 1/32, 1/48 and 1/72: https://www.luftfahrtverlag-start.com/decals/ (scroll down almost to the bottom of the page).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all

I receive my G-6AS set some weeks ago and have now started working with it. Really super nice casting. Only slight issue so far is that my hood has a liitle bit of shrinking lenghtwise...about 0,5mm...so it's either filling seams at the rear near the cockpit or sanding a bit of the lower engine cowl back from the kit. Anyway...doable for sure. I also have the G-14 set for a future project and I wish the G-10Erla set would become available again.

Going forward...a G-10 MTT and WNF/Diana set should not be too difficult to create now! ;-)

cheers

Uwe

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 4:33 PM, Pastor John said:

Please consider also my AIMS G-6/AS options, thanks

I have Green 5, White 43, White 7 and Red 2!

32D011

32D015 decals

Hi there

Your decals arrived today together with the G-10Erla gun decks...great stuff! Thanks a lot

cheers

Uwe

• 1 month later...