Kittyhawk 1/35 Pave Hawk Coming in September

ringleheim

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:40 AM, Juggernut said:

Always wondered... What's the difference between the MH-60G and the HH-60G Pave Hawk?

So, because its literally my job, I can tell you with absolute certainty, that now, there isn't a difference. But there used to be. Back in the early 80s, when the Air Force got the original UH60s from the Army, there were two upgrade packages to be installed to bring them to HH60G standards. The first sixteen aircraft received both packages before funding/necessity was lost, and the rest only received the first package. Originally, the birds that got both packages were designated MH60Gs to distinguish them from the others, and were often used in the special ops role, with the 'M' meaning Multi-Mission, while the others were only used for CSAR and Personnel Recovery, using the 'H' prefix. Over the years, the rest of the aircraft received upgrades and bits and pieces, and eventually they were all renamed HH60Gs, because there wasn't any reasonable differences, and other aircraft (the MH53 and eventually the CV22) took over the Special Ops missions. Nowadays there aren't any MH60Gs in the Air Force.

31 minutes ago, PavehawkGunner said:

So, because its literally my job, I can tell you with absolute certainty, that now, there isn't a difference. But there used to be. Back in the early 80s, when the Air Force got the original UH60s from the Army, there were two upgrade packages to be installed to bring them to HH60G standards. The first sixteen aircraft received both packages before funding/necessity was lost, and the rest only received the first package. Originally, the birds that got both packages were designated MH60Gs to distinguish them from the others, and were often used in the special ops role, with the 'M' meaning Multi-Mission, while the others were only used for CSAR and Personnel Recovery, using the 'H' prefix. Over the years, the rest of the aircraft received upgrades and bits and pieces, and eventually they were all renamed HH60Gs, because there wasn't any reasonable differences, and other aircraft (the MH53 and eventually the CV22) took over the Special Ops missions. Nowadays there aren't any MH60Gs in the Air Force.

Thanks for that information and Welcome to LSP!

• 1 month later...

aeroscale.kitmaker.net - KH50015 - MH-60S "Knighthawk" With M197 Cannon – 1/35

Kitty Hawk has posted images on Facebook of the 1/35 scale MH-60S which will feature the M197 Cannon

No details of a release date, but there are some interesting marking options.

010.jpg

012.jpg

Or is it Seahawk??

011.jpg

Juraj

• 4 months later...

I just got my kit and it is simply beautiful. HOWEVER, there is one thing I really dislike: the box top as well as the last part of the instructions show the miniguns whereas the kit simply has the .50s. I'm quite disappointed as this was one of the reasons of that kit purchase and they were included in the MH-60 release! Go figure.