Another WNW re-release...

vince14

5 hours ago, AlbertD said:

Re-release or new I'm in. I'm new to LSP's so I missed out on some beautiful WNW kits. I want a Harry Tate but the heck if I'm paying aftermarket prices for one. 

+1. Yes the duelist pack with Re8 vs Halb is almost the same as Single boxing. Believe it or not it has come down in price since the duelist kit was released! If youre paying non USD then everything is more expensive now than 2010 plus postage is no longer free.

I bought two Duelists sets and then the F sprue from the Halberstadt (early) boxing and the decal sheets from both Halberstadt boxings - an extra $30 plus postage but now I can build 2 RE8's and 2 Halberstadts with 'interesting' markings.

16 hours ago, SimonCornes said:

I bought two Duelists sets and then the F sprue from the Halberstadt (early) boxing and the decal sheets from both Halberstadt boxings - an extra $30 plus postage but now I can build 2 RE8's and 2 Halberstadts with 'interesting' markings.

Sounds good. From Wingnuts?

On 7/27/2019 at 8:43 PM, AlbertD said:

Re-release or new I'm in. I'm new to LSP's so I missed out on some beautiful WNW kits. I want a Harry Tate but the heck if I'm paying aftermarket prices for one. 

WnWs has a Harry Tate /Halberstadt duelist set.

They both have been favorites of mine since the sixties. I had the 1/48 Aurora Halberstadt and a 1/72 RE8. I once read that pilots of the RE8 were told that if you turned to port that the engine would catch fire, but if you turned to starboard, you go into an unrecoverable spin. Of course neither was true, but it was funny. I’m also getting both. I have extra decals for the splatter finish on the CL2, and the RE8 is going to receive Belgium markings.

7 minutes ago, Fred Jack said:

They both have been favorites of mine since the sixties. I had the 1/48 Aurora Halberstadt and a 1/72 RE8. I once read that pilots of the RE8 were told that if you turned to port that the engine would catch fire, but if you turned to starboard, you go into an unrecoverable spin. Of course neither was true, but it was funny. I’m also getting both. I have extra decals for the splatter finish on the CL2, and the RE8 is going to receive Belgium markings.

Do you have the Belgian markings yet?

On 7/31/2019 at 1:07 PM, Pup7309 said:

Sounds good. From Wingnuts?

Yes. The cost was $40 including postage but it gives you maximum flexibility. Very easy to do, just contact Dave at WNW. You can't do a direct cost comparison because you cant buy the RE8 separately but, for me anyway, I got the Duellist kits for very good prices from my local supplier and spending an extra $40 was still going to make it very good value for 2 RE8's and 2 Halberstadts.