Another WNW re-release...

vince14

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

Yep, it's apparently brand new.

No, it is the exact same kit as 32024.  If you look at the instructions, it has the sprues with 32024 on most of them.  The ones that don't are engine or accessories.  The only thing new is decals.

:D Cool! The decals look good - the lozenge looks a bit better (IMO) than the first release. Maybe we will a future release for a late or post war Hansa-Brandenburg w29 or Gotha for those that missed out the first time...?

Edited by Pup7309

38 minutes ago, nichenson said:

No, it is the exact same kit as 32024.  If you look at the instructions, it has the sprues with 32024 on most of them.  The ones that don't are engine or accessories.  The only thing new is decals.

That's actually par for the course with WNW; issuing an existing kit, but with new parts for a slightly different version, as was done with the Fokker D.VII's, thus from my view, a new kit, though not necessarily all new tooling.

I noticed in the latest issue of SAM that the Wingnut add shows 3 new releases for 201 which are not the Lancs, Pup or 0/400 so this may be one of them? I picked one up on eBay a few months back at quite a good price and I have an idea that the Hannover had sold out and wasn't generally available so maybe this is just a re-pop with new decals? Wonder what the other 2 releases might be?

Edited by SimonCornes

On 7/26/2019 at 12:13 AM, LSP_K2 said:

That's actually par for the course with WNW; issuing an existing kit, but with new parts for a slightly different version, as was done with the Fokker D.VII's, thus from my view, a new kit, though not necessarily all new tooling.

Yes, in the parlance of Scalemates, this is a "new parts" kit but not a "new tool" kit.

On 7/27/2019 at 6:04 AM, SimonCornes said:

I noticed in the latest issue of SAM that the Wingnut add shows 3 new releases for 201 which are not the Lancs, Pup or 0/400 so this may be one of them? I picked one up on eBay a few months back at quite a good price and I have an idea that the Hannover had sold out and wasn't generally available so maybe this is just a re-pop with new decals? Wonder what the other 2 releases might be?

Typo for 2019? That’s interesting. If that is the case and the definition of ‘new’ includes re-pops then this could be 1 of 3. So yes what will the other 2 be ? Re-pops or new new releases. There is usually the Christmas surprise...

52 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Typo for 2019? That’s interesting. If that is the case and the definition of ‘new’ includes re-pops then this could be 1 of 3. So yes what will the other 2 be ? Re-pops or new new releases. There is usually the Christmas surprise...

Re-release or new I'm in. I'm new to LSP's so I missed out on some beautiful WNW kits. I want a Harry Tate but the heck if I'm paying aftermarket prices for one. 

Edited by AlbertD

1 hour ago, AlbertD said:

Re-release or new I'm in. I'm new to LSP's so I missed out on some beautiful WNW kits. I want a Harry Tate but the heck if I'm paying aftermarket prices for one. 

May be worth looking at the Halberstadt Duellist boxing these, like you I missed the Harry Tate first time around and not interested in spending way over for it. Instead I got two great kits in one box for a much better price.

Regards. Andy

34 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

May be worth looking at the Halberstadt Duellist boxing these, like you I missed the Harry Tate first time around and not interested in spending way over for it. Instead I got two great kits in one box for a much better price.

Regards. Andy

I'm sure that's the best way to go. I should probably pick the set up before it's too late.