1/24 Hellcat (out o the box)

chrish

Thanks for the encouragement!

The most beautiful girl in the world has stopped in for her annual weekly visit (granddaughter) so all modelling progress has come to a dead stop in order to spoil her rotten before returning her to her parents

I’ll return to plastic butchery next week.

6 hours ago, chrish said:

Thanks for the encouragement!

The most beautiful girl in the world has stopped in for her annual weekly visit (granddaughter) so all modelling progress has come to a dead stop in order to spoil her rotten before returning her to her parents

I’ll return to plastic butchery next week.

Chris,

it’s always great when the granddaughter comes over.  Mine is three.  I’m

looking forward to her first model.

4 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Chris,

it’s always great when the granddaughter comes over.  Mine is three.  I’m

looking forward to her first model.

My granddaughter is almost 3 as well! And such an amazing little person!

regular model building programming will resume in one week...or so

thanks for the encouragement!

(Disclaimer) This model is not an historically correct aircraft.

There's a lot of stuff inside the fuselage (now closed up without much of that stuff (radios etc.) Reminds me of a Zoukeu Mura kit.)

I've begun adding the gloss dark blue (Tamiya X-4) thinned with Mr. Color leveling thinner.

The white balance is possibly off on my camera or the lighting is playing games because the parts look a lot lighter on the computer monitor than in real life...odd.

k8WQzop.jpg

73OqMrq.jpg

I used GLOSS SEA BLUE FS 15042 from Mission Models. Not being an expert I can't say how accurate it is, but I do love using their paints, and the result is in my eyes luverly.

Edited by Thano
Missed a word.

2 hours ago, Thano said:

I used GLOSS SEA BLUE FS 15042 from Mission Models. Not being an expert I can't say how accurate it is, but I do love using their paints, and the result is in my eyes luverly.

I don’t have access to that here, I could try ordering some I guess.... feel free to attach a picture or two here and show me, I’d love to see it!

A bit more work done on the Cat.

The wing fold hinges were a bit of a struggle, quite a tight fit both in the wings and in the center section. Possibly my fault with something I've done inside the wings? In any case I've filed/sanded the hinge component and it fits quite nicely now. (not as tight) I am going to leave the major assemblies (wings etc.) separate from each other until painted, I think it'll be a nasty bugger to get painted otherwise and still not easy in parts.

QJcg1eu.jpg

3f4TREt.jpg

ib2L2Hz.jpg

The fit is very very precise on this kit, something I'm unaccustomed to after the last few kits I've worked on. Even a coat of paint can cause a tight fit. Be warned.

Thanks Vince, I had a gap on the left wing to fuselage joint at the front as well. I couldn't figure out why, the right side was perfect. I noticed I had the firewall slightly (very slightly!) off centre,  I pried it loose

(the glue joint) and the wing joint became perfect on both sides, I glued the wings up, let it dry and rechecked the fit of the firewall, the firewall now sits perfectly aligned as well....too many pieces to fit so precisely for such a simple man!