HK Lanc vs. Tamiya Mosquito Hamilton Standard propeller discrepancies

Padubon

Well I can speak for Tamiya on the Mossie props as I measured an original unrestored paddle blade for them, as they had some conflicting data too.

What I can tell you is that I extensively measured that blade from tip to hub with about 30-50 chord and profile measurements.  In a hub, and out of a hub.  I can tell you that without a doubt the Tamiya prop is accurate...I spent hours working on that for them.

As for the Lanc, I have no idea.

HTH

Cheers Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

7 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Well I can speak for Tamiya on the Mossie props as I measured an original unrestored paddle blade for them, as they had some conflicting data too.

What I can tell you is that I extensively measured that blade from tip to hub with about 30-50 chord and profile measurements.  In a hub, and out of a hub.  I can tell you that without a doubt the Tamiya prop is accurate...I spent hours working on that for them.

HTH

Cheers Anthony

Straight from the hoarse's mouth then!    Always good to have confirmed info like that 

1 hour ago, Anthony in NZ said:

HTH

Cheers Anthony

It can’t get better than that!

Rotol never build props under license. Rotol is made from Ro(lls Royce) and (Bris)tol to develop new propellers.

de Havilland however built the HS props under license.

Lancasters also used props built by Nash Kelvinator IIRC but I do not know from the top of my head if that type

was a HS license.

Hope this helps.

Cees