Build Thread Piracy... Hate it!!

Gazzas

4 minutes ago, John1 said:

So create a judgment-free forum.  Only positive, uplifting comments allowed.      Nothing posted to harsh the OP’s mellow.  ARC has something like that.   

How about we just take a collegiate approach to posting wherever we do it.

Kev

It’s very interesting debate, to be honest if I put a model out there in internet land I expect both good and bad comments and people will always hijack threads because they can. I love opinions and models, I,m one of those people who is not really bothered what happens on the internet

i actually post a WIP for myself to look back on more than anything, but also like Kev mentioned I have no one vaguely interested in modelling so it’s nice to chat to my like minded pixel friends, as my wife calls you lot

happy modelling

Again,

As I mentioned, opinions on a model are expected IMHO, both good and bad.

Expecting or promoting only positive or uplifting comments was no where near my point, and would serve no one including the OP.

My point is the same as Kevs, when you post we expect the responsibility for respecting each other comes from the membership itself, and posting an opinion on a model is expected.

What is also expected is acknowledging and being respectful of the fact others may not build like you, and not everyone appreciates or wants to be told they did something wrong on their build, and may just want to share their work without judgement.

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Expecting or promoting only positive or uplifting comments was no where near my point, and would serve no one including the OP.

That reminds me of a local contest where everyone used to win an award, no matter what. They referred to it as a "participation trophy", and I thought that was the most ridiculous thing ever.