Beaufighter patterns...

Derek B

Derek,

Very good to hear and good to hear from you too!  I was worried that perhaps you had been carried off by gypsies or something after no immediate or at least timely retort from you was posted  :)  All good things take time. After all, I can always have my great grandchildren build my Beau for me ! :rofl:  

Personally, I'm just happy you're still considering the project.

I don't know about you, but I am ready for Spring and warmer weather! The Model stuff will work itself out.

All the best to you and your many fine projects my friend! 

Paul 

Derek,

Very good to hear and good to hear from you too!  I was worried that perhaps you had been carried off by gypsies or something after no immediate or at least timely retort from you was posted  :)  All good things take time. After all, I can always have my great grandchildren build my Beau for me ! :rofl:  

Personally, I'm just happy you're still considering the project.

I don't know about you, but I am ready for Spring and warmer weather! The Model stuff will work itself out.

All the best to you and your many fine projects my friend! 

Paul 

Thank you Paul - I took it in the good humour that you intended and you cheered me up! :D The Beaufighter project is far from dead and once I have my house in order, I will have a defined program to work to. I have just found out that I am due a minor operation next Thursday, so I may now have a bit more modelling time!

Cheers

Derek

Well Derek I certainly hope you have an easier time of it compared to what I just went though.. my " oh you'll be up and around and back to work in 3-5 days" prognosis  took me out for just about all of Feb instead.  :(  But, at least I'm here and not watching from up above from  the great big Hobby Shop in the sky! I'll be wishing you a speedy recovery! 

All the best,

Paul 

• 2 months later...

Derek, I think this set would do pretty well given the re-release

..it is a lot of work to build anything other than the frighteningly early Mk 1F that comes in the kit so it may be an involved set and at a fair price likely more than the kit (by some too)

..if it helps I have a whole bunch of parts that I would love you to take on as masters (or even inspiration..)

beau_zps4edb406e.jpg

beau1_zps0f88d170.jpg

beau2_zpsc6c65489.jpg

count me in, as and when you do the set, and PM me if you think you can do something with the bits..

Peter

Hi Derek - any news on the masters I sent?

would love to see this set make the cut - just been looking at the Duxford resto and it was a kinda 'saw that and thought of you' moment.. :popcorn:

Peter

Hi Derek - any news on the masters I sent?

would love to see this set make the cut - just been looking at the Duxford resto and it was a kinda 'saw that and thought of you' moment.. :popcorn:

Peter

Hi Peter,

I am working on new patterns for the smaller items as you have suggested. What comes out first largely depends upon what I complete first! I am largely creating my new patterns around the parts that you have kindly supplied to me. Researching the necessary details and finding the time to continue with them is difficult at the moment as life keeps getting in the way of my hobby :)

Best regards

Derek

If the rumours ar true a new Beau might be on the horizon, hopefully your set can breathe new life in

the old Revell kit.

Cees

Thanks Cees - that is my intention.

Cheers

Derek

• 3 weeks later...

Well being fairly new to this board I must say I am looking forward to seeing some internal parts whatever they may be. I too have a Revell Beaufighter still in the box just waiting for some nice details for the inside. I'm planning to crew mine which may cover up a few things but at least the figures will be where they are supposed to be and have the proper surroundings.

Well being fairly new to this board I must say I am looking forward to seeing some internal parts whatever they may be. I too have a Revell Beaufighter still in the box just waiting for some nice details for the inside. I'm planning to crew mine which may cover up a few things but at least the figures will be where they are supposed to be and have the proper surroundings.

Hello and welcome to LSP. Thank you for your comments. I have been too busy to even see my modelling room lately - I am about to take a much needed one week holiday in Malta to recharge my batteries.

I think that your Beaufighter will look really great with figures. I shall look at the AM parts when I get back.

Best regards

Derek

... I am about to take a much needed one week holiday in Malta to recharge my batteries ...

... I shall look at the AM parts when I get back ...

Best regards

Derek

Hi Derek ...

I just got back from Makati/Manila in the Philippines (for 28 days) ... and I cannot recommend a 'holiday' highly enough!! ... Since it seems you have been though the wars a little bit lately, it also seems well deserved!! ... enjoy your leave ... I look forward to seeing you get back to your awesome work when you return ...

Rog :)

Hi Derek ...

I just got back from Makati/Manila in the Philippines (for 28 days) ... and I cannot recommend a 'holiday' highly enough!! ... Since it seems you have been though the wars a little bit lately, it also seems well deserved!! ... enjoy your leave ... I look forward to seeing you get back to your awesome work when you return ...

Rog :)

Roger,

Thank you - I can barely wait. I am glad that you enjoyed your holiday and I really need this one as I only had one week last year.

A week in Malta will seem too short for me (although I have a two week holiday planned for the Greek islands later in the year). I will hopefully get back into working on the Beaufighter patterns when I return (I fly out at 05:00 hours tomorrow), as well as my new P-40 stuff.

Regards

Derek

• 2 years later...

Morning Derek,

After a 2 year hiatus from modelling due to motorcycle racing I now have a much newer race bike (Suzuki GSXR 1000) requiring a lot less preperation over the long Ontario winter so last night I hit the stash & the first kit that came out was the 1/32 Beaufighter so I'm just wondering how the interior detail sets are coming along?

You never see the 1/32 Beau on contest tables & would love to put one on there in 2017 but sadly my scratch building skills are not that great.

If your set is close to completion or even if you have pre production/prototype sets you are willing to sell let me know please, I would love to get my grubby little hands on one.

Hope this message finds the LSP community doing well.

All the best, Smudger