Zoukei-Mura SWS05: 1/32 J2M3 Rai Den (Jack)

LSP_Kevin

Howdy folks,

Our own LSP_Paul has taken a look in the box of the ZM Raiden kit:

Zoukei-Mura SWS05: 1/32 J2M3 Rai Den (Jack)

2218-22.jpg

Thanks, Paul!

And thanks also to HobbyLink Japan for the review sample. The kit can be purchased at the following link:

Zoukei-Mura 1/32 J2M3 Raiden

Kev

1 hour ago, Darren Howie said:

Great review of a beautiful model kit.

You get what you pay for...

Thank you Darren, Im glad you enjoyed the review. These SWS kits give me the same feeling I used to get back in the day with the Monogram kits with Shep Paine diorama brochures inside, ( early 70's) that same sort of excitement about the possibilities for displaying all the detail creates another level to the project and ups the entertainment value in my book.

Paul

On 7/22/2019 at 12:36 PM, firefly7 said:

Thanks for the review Paul. Nice kit, but i think i'll get the Hasegawa, simpler & cheaper.

I already have the Hasegawa, which I got to replace the Revell kit I built back when I started building again. I doubt I will buy this unless it can easily be made into a J2M2, which is the only major produced variant I think a company would bother with, if at all.

Aren't the differences mostly in the engine used and the type/placement of armament, with a dimensional change around the cockpit and nose at one point as well (because the two engines were different lengths)? Assuming one really needed to model every variant that got built?

Edited by CATCplSlade

20 hours ago, CATCplSlade said:

I already have the Hasegawa, which I got to replace the Revell kit I built back when I started building again. I doubt I will buy this unless it can easily be made into a J2M2, which is the only major produced variant I think a company would bother with, if at all.

Aren't the differences mostly in the engine used and the type/placement of armament, with a dimensional change around the cockpit and nose at one point as well (because the two engines were different lengths)? Assuming one really needed to model every variant that got built?

Sounds about right for the changes between the versions as I read it, I'm just glad we have two excellent kits to choose from. :) Great time to be in 1/32

Paul