Dragon / CE 109D .. Masking Fun !

Mike, 

First it great to hear that your eye got better. I also had blood in one eye a few years ago due to high BP. That has been corrected and it never happened again. Very impressed with your build. I have a question regarding 109’s. What is the difference between a ME-109 ( early version, like a E) and a CE-109D? Looking forward to more pictures.

Jim

1 hour ago, Biggles87 said:

Like the colours. It looks like you're eventually beating it into submission.

John

Hey John , I think 'it's beating 'me' into submission.  :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, James Rademaker said:

Mike, 

First it great to hear that your eye got better. I also had blood in one eye a few years ago due to high BP. That has been corrected and it never happened again. Very impressed with your build. I have a question regarding 109’s. What is the difference between a ME-109 ( early version, like a E) and a CE-109D? Looking forward to more pictures.

Jim

Thanks Jim , my eye is better but still not back to normal. It's like there's a sheet of white silk in front of my eye.

Other eye's fine.

The CE just stands for Cuttting Edge, the name of the now defunct company that marketed the D resin conversion.

The differences between the D and E series are mainly just that , the nose from the firewall forward and the underwing

radiators. Thanks again , stay tuned .

6xWdaN8.png

I think that the pirate look suits you Mike! lol :) (I hope that you recover soon).

You are doing a really good job with your 109 Mike, and as I also have the same conversion set, I have been following your thread with interest (I am not particularly a Luftwaffe fan as such, but I do fancy making mine as a night fighter variant of some kind eventually).

Messerschmitt Bf 109D1 11.(N)JG2 Black N+9 WNr 2079 and N+4 Norway 1940 01

Cheers

Derek

Hey Derek , thanks , yeah not many D's saw combat but they were still being built when

the E series started. That one in the foreground is a late one as it has the E style exhaust

that a few had. When you start yours, don't hesitate to drop me a line if you have any

questions.

7 hours ago, Derek B said:

I think that the pirate look suits you Mike! lol :) (I hope that you recover soon).

You are doing a really good job with your 109 Mike, and as I also have the same conversion set, I have been following your thread with interest (I am not particularly a Luftwaffe fan as such, but I do fancy making mine as a night fighter variant of some kind eventually).

Messerschmitt Bf 109D1 11.(N)JG2 Black N+9 WNr 2079 and N+4 Norway 1940 01

Cheers

Derek

(Nacht)/JG-26 Staffel ;)

On 12/16/2020 at 3:48 AM, Thomas Lund said:

Looks great. I used the AlleyCat conversion to do a B and a D version using Eduard kits as a starting point. Actually easier to put the resin nose on than to build the Eduard nose... so very very nice coversions. I have no experience with the CE...

Thanks Thomas , yeah in retrospect I would recommend using the Eduard  E-1 kit as it has the proper wing bottom

without the cannon bumps.  Kind of a pain filling those in on the Dragon E-3.  :shrug:

• MikeMaben changed the title to Dragon / CE 109D .. Masking Fun !

After spending some time creating the cut images for stencils (hours),

I finally got some more paint on this puppy. Early in the 109s development

there were quite a few changes / evolution in the size and placement of

factory markings.  Not fretting over total accuracy but want to get things

to fit into a general time frame , late 1938ish. Next is some red , then black.

Gettin' there,     putputput

XVn3VXb.jpg