Dragon / CE 109D ... nearing the finish line ...

MikeMaben

So far, you have a series of great saves going, Mike!:thumbsup: Never fun, but you've come out on top and it could be worse. I remember finishing my Ki-61, taking 99% of the "glamour shots" to post here, then dropping it on the concrete floor of my shop while attempting to turn it over for one last pic of the belly! :doh:

:popcorn:

John

On 5/14/2021 at 10:10 PM, MikeMaben said:

...something I said maybe ??  You know when you start to knock something over

your brain panics and you reflex and knock 3 other things over in the process ??

I've done that several times during this build but today I dropped it on the floor

and snapped the port wing (again) and tailplane. I had the markings on satisfactorally

and was getting ready to clear coat the whole thing and this happened. Should be an

easy fix as I did the same thing a few weeks ago  :wacko:.  Nice clean break tho  <_<

I'm determined to finish this if it kills me !!!

U8NBW7Z.jpg

3PlnYxk.jpg

Trust me..............I know that feeling.

• 1 month later...

A few shots of some minor progress ! (hey, progress is progress right ?)

So I'm including aspects of various details from a general time frame (late '38 early '39)

I like the oddness of the polished prop blade fronts.

Qlp4laB.jpg

First I sprayed them with Molotow liquid chrome which not surprisingly turned out too chrome like.

I tried to dull it down a little but couldn't get the surface to look smooth. I have a roll of chrome

adhesive film so I stuck that on and it looked better but still too chromey so I sprayed it with a combo

of MRB clear and matt and decided that's gonna do it. It's pretty shiny but doesn't show up well in photos.

QNFNeom.jpg

So I'm putzin' along with a little here a little there but at least I'm way past the halfway point.

MyHoSjx.jpg

SxSEo1J.jpg

AvcWz8B.jpg

Thanks for tuning in guys  :thumbsup:

• MikeMaben changed the title to Dragon / CE 109D ... still putzin' ...