Another 1/32 Tamiya Spitfire.....

USMC Herc

:mental:I am crazy for starting a Spitfire build with as many great ones that are here. I hope I can get a lot of feedback for this project as I have not modeled in years.
I am going to go and try to find some builds from the Master Builders such as  Airscale, Wolf,Chuck and many others to help me improve my skills.dDVozmr.jpg

Edited by USMC Herc

I now know which Spitfire I am Making Spitfire MkIXc, 340 Squadron FAF,  France, June 1944. My friend said he was going to get me a good looking spit Decal set for a bird.So here we go.:coolio:

pCLk8at.jpg

I didn't know which aircraft I was going to do. I got bored and painted the prop the way I wanted it to look. Rivet counters will pissed.

https://imgur.com/4504GTT

Having problems Inserting image from URL: I am using IMGUR for images:.....Please a little help MODS.  TY

i hope ya'll enjoy this small update because she is officially started ( Plastic cut, glued and/or Painted) !!!!!!

Jason

Edited by USMC Herc
My poor English and typing skills.

7 hours ago, USMC Herc said:

Having problems Inserting image from URL: I am using IMGUR for images:.....Please a little help MODS.  TY

I don't use Imgur, so I'm not familiar with its tools, or how you access the correct URL to post here. But I can see that the one you're using is a link to the page the image is hosted on, rather than directly to the image itself. What I've discovered, however, is that if you simply add ".jpg" to the end of the URL, you get the desired result.

So, this:

https://i.imgur.com/4504GTT

...becomes this:

https://i.imgur.com/4504GTT.jpg

...which should give you this:

4504GTT.jpg

Hopefully somebody more familiar with Imgur will be along soon to explain a better way. The important thing to remember is that the image URL should end in an image file extension (such as the aforementioned ".jpg", or the forum software won't know it's an image.

Kev

9 hours ago, Fanes said:

That's a nice subject choice.

Do I spot a fingerpint on your spinner? :ph34r:

After closer inspection you are correct sir. I had not noticed the issue until reported.

I have contacted paint shop and corrosion control. I was informed "with the flight schedule,They have had a heavy work load keeping these aircraft ready for the current operation." "So deal with it".

He also reported "They have been over worked and under paid !!!"

Jason

Edited by USMC Herc

Xa2kLqr.jpgKYd3MAu.jpg

Due to the driver of the truck getting lost going to the factory ( I think the driver stopped for a few pints) the work on the aircraft has come to stop. I hope with the parts in, they can get back on track.

I am a dumbass  :mental:I have been looking for 2 days (about 8 hrs) for my Photo Etch and control surfaces. I  looked in every nook and cranny, turned stuff upside down etc....

I finally found it the last place I looked( i have looked in there a hundred times).....the box:blowup:I had hid them in the small box containing engine panels, under the other piece of the cover.

I would like to thank  Chuck for his help and great instructions on painting. The cockpit was painted by myself without instruction. The cross members were painted in Chucks instruction.

Jason

Edited by USMC Herc