Another 1/32 Tamiya Spitfire.....

USMC Herc

Ty Gents.

The truck driver has finally arrived at the plant.Think he did a Pub crawl before he arrived! 

The factory has began to build the cockpit. I hope they get it completed soon. -Benny Hill-340 squadron- Feb. 1943.

I have gotten a bit more done. The cockpit has been fun, I scratched a new throttle quadrant and added a bunch of decals to make that side look busy.

Whom ever suggested using 1/48 Phantom decals, TY. I am still wondering how Chuck, Wolf, Lsp_Kevin and many more, make their aircraft look perfect as if they have shrank the real aircraft.:shrug:

L02HMZV.jpg

Cheers

Jason

Edited by USMC Herc

• USMC Herc changed the title to Another 1/32 Tamiya Spitfire.....

Instrument panel. Need to start taking these at a distance. Zoom makes it look worse.

ADq3V47.jpg

I just noticed the Compass is out of wak. I added decals from a 1/48 From a doner F-4. The left one isn't in any pics just added for interest.

Carpet  monster is very real and has eaten a few parts. Par for course.

Jason

Edited by USMC Herc

• 5 months later...

Hi Jason, I've been using 1/48th scale white Phantom data stencils for many years now and I suspect it was me who suggested using them when I did my Spitfire build. I've also been using BarracudaCals dedicated cockpit data stencils which are amazing. Airscale's cockpit decals are another brilliant source for a myriad of applications.

If it's not too late you may want to have a look at your control column assembly. It looks like it's installed backwards and you'll have to flip the spade grip assembly around as well once the column is turned around. It happens to the best of us. Ask me how I know.

Cheers,

Wolf

Jason, I had another look at the control column on your Spitfire and I think I might have steered you in the wrong direction. I believe it's just the spade grip that should be positioned on the front of the column and the column itself may be correct. Sorry,......I'm getting old!

Spitpit7.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee