A PB4Y-2 Privateer Conversion Is Coming Soon.

109ace

For the Hobby Boss of course. Kit is in hand. Plans ready for upscaling. Fresh can of Bondo, files, sandpaper, and sandable automotive primer await. Allow about two months for release.

Sooner if i can help it. Hope it will be as successful as my 1/48 scale version. I am making an early prediction that pricing will be at or north of $250.00. And less then $300.00. But it's going to be awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Change of plans. This project will not be happening. I use responses to determine the interests in a set. ( This post has been a test ) The sad lack of responses tells me nobody cares or is interested. I will not invest what could easily be close to $1000.00 to create this set whose molds will sit unused. I'll put my monies into sets that will sell. Thank you for participating, or not, in this focus group.

Edited by 109ace

You do whatever you want but this poll method is quite weird to say the least! Why do you want people to react when you are simply announcing a future release, moreover for a quite hefty price? Why not asking explicitly for interest in such a release while using the general discussion forum poll option...? 

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

You do whatever you want but this poll method is quite weird to say the least! Why do you want people to react when you are simply announcing a future release, moreover for a quite hefty price? Why not asking explicitly for interest in such a release while using the general discussion forum poll option...? 

First off, I did have this in the general discussion forum. The moderators felt it was better here in the grave yard. Got an issue with that? Take it up with them. I think they have reached a point where they see anything I post, it must belong in the vendor forum.

Second, what do you think is a fair price for a complete ground up conversion set to majorly change a very large model? 

Edited by 109ace

The problem is not the fact what you may offer has excellent value for the price but the price itself. Anything that goes over 250-300 euros, pounds or dollars is only for some happy few. Accordingly you should not wait for numerous replies to such a post on a forum to assess the attractivity. I can ensure you this does not work. I don't think there is any problem to create a poll in the general discussion forum to assess the interest in an hypothetical product. However, if you just announce a new product release as you did, this should indeed be published in the vendors forum. These are just logical rules. 

Had no idea you were searching for feedback.  But here goes......

Myself, the entire package together puts it a little out of range for me.  What you have to offer is well worth the price of admission, but I just cannot afford to attend the concert!  In the end it would be north of $600 once you add up everything needed to complete the project.   

Now if you were to make wing correction kits for the airfoil........

On 8/3/2019 at 12:53 AM, 109ace said:

Change of plans. This project will not be happening. I use responses to determine the interests in a set. ( This post has been a test ) The sad lack of responses tells me nobody cares or is interested. I will not invest what could easily be close to $1000.00 to create this set whose molds will sit unused. I'll put my monies into sets that will sell. Thank you for participating, or not, in this focus group.

Probably a good decision as i feel you also may have underestimated what little of the kit would be left in a privateer conversion, its to all intents and purposes a different plane to the kit in the box 

13 hours ago, Markjames1968 said:

Probably a good decision as i feel you also may have underestimated what little of the kit would be left in a privateer conversion, its to all intents and purposes a different plane to the kit in the box 

I underestimated nothing. I know well what's involved in producing a Privateer. In the past two months I've sold over 100 of them in 1/48 scale that I mastered. I'm selling the last 6 then pulling it off market to remaster it to make it even easier to build.The new version will have a three piece full fuselage. And recessed panel lines. Very little cutting and filling needed.

In 1/32, much of the original kit will remain. 

67938798-2307199749363147-78734064779085

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303244296128

Edited by 109ace

Much of the wings will remain??? So you would master new nacelles  to fit badly wrong wings that are stopping many buying the kit instead of replacing the entire wing?, None of the tail surfaces , vertical or horizontal are useable and the fuselage needs chopping to insert 2 massive plugs,  ...as a starting point