Two RCAF, 402 Squadron Mustangs

Grizly

The first, AC*U is the Dragon 1/32 P-51D and was built with the help of Eduard's colour etch instrument panel and seat belts, some Mr. Surfacer to tone down the wing rivets, finished with Alclad II Aluminum, Model Master enamels and topped off with the excellent Leading Edge decals. The second aircraft represents a later squadron aircraft as it would have appeared after the avionics upgrade performed by MacDonald Brothers. It is the Tamiya 1/32 P-51D kit to which I revised the starboard side of the cockpit and the nav/com units behind the pilot's seat and moved the battery into the engine compartment in accordance with the afore mentioned upgrade. I also enhanced the engine compartment with Eduard's etch set, scratch built the ignition harnesses, added the Eduard Brassin instrument panel and seat belts to the cockpit and the Brian L Fawcett Models and Patterns zero length rocket rails. Again paints were by Alclad II and Model Masters and decals by Leading Edge.

fg41d89.jpg

X69pQb5.jpg

CoUHcHk.jpg

b4IPKh0.jpg

H5oTows.jpg

w1dlaEL.jpg

HQq1dRh.jpg

QDs2n4g.jpg

• 1 month later...

Don't know how I missed these! Superb work on both, especially on toning down the Dragon version. That one is a lot of work, and you've corrected the overdone kit details to perfection.

Just beautiful! RCAF Mustangs were gorgeous but I'm biased.

Richard