Hasagawa P-47D first LSP build

AlbertD

This is my first LSP and my second model after being away from the hobby for a bunch of years.

So far I'm really enjoying the kit. It seems to go together very well and has enough detail for right now. I added a bunch of aftermarket goodies if for nothing else but to learn how to work with resin and PE. I purchased an Aires cockpit set and lost a piece. I have emailed them 6 times in the last 3 weeks with no response so I bought an Ultracast set that I'm still waiting for. I'm not sure if the Bazooka Rockets are correct for these markings but I like them.

The aftermarket consists of:

EagleCals EC#106 Whooooo decals

Eduard Brassin wheels

Eduard Brassin Bazooka Rockets

Eduard Exterior PE set

EGW Seatbelts

Quickboost Engine and .50 Cal guns

Aires (soon to be Ultracast) cockpit set.

Here are a couple of pictures of the little bit of progress I've made so far.

IMG-0511.jpg

IMG-0506.jpg

6 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

It's like riding a bike Al , it all comes back eventually    :popcorn:

Nice motor  :speak_cool:

That's absolutely true but there is a lot of new stuff plus the kits are so much better. I have a couple of the big Tamiya kits and a couple of WNW kits. Those look down right amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be posting an update with pictures soon but have a question. I'm at the point of putting placard's and data plates in the cockpit. I have both Airscale decals and HGW wet transfers. I know the decals will work fine but the wet transfers sure look nice. Are the transfers difficult to work with on the small parts of the cockpit? The wet transfers also seem a tiny bit bigger but look more like my reference photos.

A quick update. I'm almost done with the UltraCast cockpit and hope to close the fuselage on Monday. Here are a couple of pictures. Please let me know what I can improve on for the next build. No need to be kind. This is my first one and I want to learn. I know the chipping is not great but for this one it will do.

IMG-0514.jpgIMG-0515.jpgIMG-0517.jpg