1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

Iain

Additionally, the third decal option, "Mission Completed" depicts a fictional restored bird currently on display in Brussels, Belgium. Originally built as a A-26B (6-gun nose), she was converted to an On-Mark Marketeer at some point in her career. The complete codes on her side should read AN-J, not A-J. It should have blue cowlings, too.

The 416th BG option (option 1) seems to be an operational bird from the 670th BS. There are no known photographs, associated crew, or aircraft specifics, per their group website. However, all of their A-26's appear to be either glass nose C's, or 6-gun B's. The correct codes for that plane should be F6-? F6-D belonged to 43-22296. So who knows.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

I suspect decals will be at the bottom of anyone's priorities when opening the box...  ;)

This is looking more like a 'canvas' for further work, rather than a 'shake and bake' - and, yes, I'll get at least one!  :)

But I'll withhold comment until I have a copy in my hands.

Iain

34 minutes ago, Iain said:

This is looking more like a 'canvass' for further work, rather than a 'shake and bake' - and, yes, I'll get at least one!  :)

Iain

I think some of us enjoy the 'canvas' approach!

Same with any model, I guess you have a starting point and then commence with the AM /cutting etc.

At least we'll get one in 1/32 scale to play with!

I wonder what HB has planned next...…………...another twin type perhaps?

I have an ambition to build two of these birds, I love both the gun and glass noses so not complaining.

I would love the K variant if it ever comes, fabulous colour scheme on it too!!

This offering isn’t my cup of tea but I’m seriously looking forward to someone on LSP beating this one into a Vietnam era, WWII or Korean War work horse.  

We have a B-25, A-26, P-61 and we’re beating the bush to see what flys out.  A game changer for me would be the B-26 Marauder.  Fingers crossed!   

45 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

We have a B-25, A-26, P-61 and we’re beating the bush to see what flys out.  A game changer for me would be the B-26 Marauder.  Fingers crossed!   

Troy,

A B-26 Marauder is WAY overdue! I'd probably build two or three of them at least! I wish HK would put one out to go along with their awesome B-25's. Built three of them!

-Ro

7 minutes ago, Rowen said:

Troy,

A B-26 Marauder is WAY overdue! I'd probably build two or three of them at least! I wish HK would put one out to go along with their awesome B-25's. Built three of them!

-Ro

Couldn't agree more. HK would be my preferred source for the Marauder, that's for sure.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Dennis7423 said:

Hmmm... you can buy the 1/32 Tamiya F4U-1D engine sprue separately on eBay...

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Yup!  You can probably also contact Tamiya USA with the sprue serial number (listed in the kit instructions) and get the sprue shipped cheaper than going the ebay route

On 3/31/2020 at 4:09 PM, Troy Molitor said:

This offering isn’t my cup of tea but I’m seriously looking forward to someone on LSP beating this one into a Vietnam era, WWII or Korean War work horse.  

Troy,

I’d love to build a really weathered ETO Marauder, such a great aircraft!

18 hours ago, seiran01 said:

Yup!  You can probably also contact Tamiya USA with the sprue serial number (listed in the kit instructions) and get the sprue shipped cheaper than going the ebay route

Definitely can. Did exactly that for my CL215 project...