1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

Iain

I too would be interested - could you also print a clear canopy to go with that? It believe that new forward fuselage dramatically improves the look and accuracy of the kit. I'll be honest - I can live with the fuselage as it is now, but I would be interested in an improved fuselage.

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Minor change.

15 minutes ago, AlexM said:

Hey, thanks guys. I don't want to make money with this. Once the 3d model is finished, I'll propably make them downloadable for everyone interested.

That's great,but leaves us,the primitive guys wait for someone who will make it available :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, AlexM said:

Hey, thanks guys. I don't want to make money with this. Once the 3d model is finished, I'll propably make them downloadable for everyone interested.

Great idea, but as iaf-man mentioned, some of us are a bit Neanderthal-ish when it comes to 3D printing ... so any help would be immensely appreciated!

1 hour ago, Learstang said:

I too would be interested - could you also print a clear canopy to go with that?

Clear parts are still a hard thing to tackle. There are clear resins available for 3d printing, but my experience so far is that they very soon turn yellow, when exposed to UV light (which is necassary to cure/harden the parts after printing). And then, the 3d model has to be pretty perfect regarding shape and whall thicknes. So for me, this is currently not possible.

My approach so far in my projects (from which none of them are finished yet :doh:) is printing a mould/plug, which is slightly smaller the the final clear part, get it as smoth and shiny as possible, and then make clear parts the old way via vacuforming.

That's right - you need to get back to work on your Marauder! Regarding the clear parts, I'm still hopeful that someone will come along with the proper Invader canopy. This kit so far has been attracting a fair amount of AM parts, most of which I now own, it seems.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Small change.

That literally changes the whole kit, it now looks so much better, more so from the shape of the fuselage.. amazing job. I think this will twist my arm to now getting one! 

You are a star for just making it free to download, but please let me pay something... I will have to pay someone else to print it for me, so it's only fair..