1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

Iain

Does anyone have the 1/32 Hobbyboss  A-26B and the P-61 or Trumpy F-6F or F-4U where they could check the R2800's in the kit to see if they will fit in the A-26B cowls?  If they do, then maybe you can just order 2 extra engine sprues from HobbyBoss/Trumpeter to get the engine corrected for the A-26B a lot cheaper than the resin replacements?

Greg

6 minutes ago, 32scalelover said:

Does anyone have the 1/32 Hobbyboss  A-26B and the P-61 or Trumpy F-6F or F-4U where they could check the R2800's in the kit to see if they will fit in the A-26B cowls?  If they do, then maybe you can just order 2 extra engine sprues from HobbyBoss/Trumpeter to get the engine corrected for the A-26B a lot cheaper than the resin replacements?

Greg

I do have the Trumpeter F-6F kit and I am actually using its R2800 engine as a starting point for my A-26B resin engine replacements. Trumpeter actually made the R2800 engine originally for F-4U (written on the sprue) and just added the same engine to the F-6F kit. This engine still needs a few modifications to represent properly the R2800 engine used in A-26B but even without any modifications it is way better than the kit engines.

Just saw a fella over on Facebook that got the Resin2Detail engines "not" intended for this kit. They fit like a glove (no mods needed), and they look fantastic, even if they aren't the exact right type of R-2800 for the A-26. I just might spring for them at $40 a piece.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested or maybe you missed it the first time, there is a military stock A-26B project for sale over on Ebay Motors.  The listing includes a couple of dozen close-up photos of parts, assemblies and such that you might not ever see otherwise.  Pretty sure you can save the photos from the listing.  Ex Missouri Air National Guard machine with WW2 and Korean War history.  About the only thing in one piece is the fuselage -- everything else is pretty much a pile of painted and/or derelict parts.  Worth a look, however.  Who knows?  If you're going to build the kit, you might find something in the photos that will help you along.  From what I've read, the costs of acquiring and fixing Trumpeter's kit versus restoring the real thing are pretty much a wash.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, patricksparks said:

Anyone know what the diameter of the propellers where on a A-26K ?

Also the wing tip fuel tanks ?

IIRC, and may be wrong, they were ”cut down” T-28 props. Don’t recall the wingtip tanks but wanna say, and probably wrong as heck, or "close" to right, or left but T-33ish wing tip tanks??

Alfonso

Edited by Kaeone57