1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

Iain

On 7/22/2020 at 11:59 AM, thierry laurent said:

In one word: No. To me the best reference for a modeller (plans + walkaround pics + TM views) is probably the Warbird Profile 1 from Francis Gallemi. This booklet with a landscape format was published in Canada by Aries publications. 

Agreed, not really a lot out there that I'm aware of. If this is the book of which you speak, it's really not bad at all.

3 hours ago, Learstang said:

I was just looking at my new catalogue from Squadron, and they have it listed for 199.99USD.

Regards,

Jason

I think they're still waiting for them to arrive as I ordered one from them back on June 23rd and it still hasn't shipped yet... Mike

It is alas more complicated to correct than the B-24 and we have to see what we will get from aftermarket producers. Personally I got one as I absolutely want a B-26K and the only other option is a basic vacformed kit. Moreover I'm not holding my breath for another A-26 release from another producer. 

• 3 weeks later...

It appears there is lots of aftermarket coming available for this kit.. some of it will correct kit errors (Eduard cockpit set for example, properly converts it into a single-seat cockpit), but we're always going to have those shape issues with the fuselage and canopy. Hoping new cowlings come about, and proper engines (since Resin2Detail missed out and produced the wrong 2800's for the A-26). At the end of the day, one just might be able to make it presentable. I, for one, and planning to do some slight conversions to it to make it into a proper A-26B (reconfigure the nose gun placements, mold and insert another turret on the belly, and re-structure the framing on the canopy to the early type), and I hope to make something that at the very least looks like an A-26.

With all this being said, I am still, deeply disappointed that one of my favorite aircraft, finally molded in my favorite scale, was done so poorly. But we push on, because we're likely never to see another one in our lifetime.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA