1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

Iain

10 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Is the kit “worthy” of such an expense?   Well I guess If one leaves the cowl off and details the engine...

And does all the other work, like fixing the round fuselage, sharpening  up the wings, etc etc. For me, an accurate shape is far more important than gimmicks or details. I would think it is folly top fit these beautiful engines into the HB "A-26"

Guys, here is 1/32 drawing I made from original blueprints. I think it is good to check the model fuselage accuracy. Just download and print. To be informed, actual turret diameter is 40 inches. Nose section profile is true either for 6-gun nose or 8-gun nose, only panels layout differs.

50111286613_e90228e58a_b.jpg

Edited by Fencer-1
addition

On 6/21/2020 at 5:47 AM, Ali62 said:

I have received more references and a few more on the way in the next week, I also have a few items that are WIP with a friend doing some 3D cad work for some of the masters.

Quite a few folk have already offered help from this forum, so over the next few months I hope to develop quite a lot of detail and or conversion sets for this pretty cool aircraft, it will take time but the wheels are at least in motion.......

Ali

The best way in this "A-26" hopeless case, I think, is to re-make a whole thing from the beginnning.

On 7/13/2020 at 9:34 PM, thierry laurent said:

The fuselage cross section is indeed incorrect but the issue has been noticeably inflated. This was one of rhe first things I checked. Very frankly I can leave with this if we get a far better canopy. What is the problem with the wings? 

The airfoil shape looks just ugly and thick. As for plan view noticeable issue is wing/nacelle transition area. Click for full size picture.

50112052691_632bc79db1_b.jpg

7 hours ago, Fencer-1 said:

The best way in this "A-26" hopeless case, I think, is to re-make a whole thing from the beginnning.

In many ways I do agree......BUT how much will that all cost in injection moulded????

I have a few ideas to fix some of the areas, and I shall be offer individual sets NOT one huge set, so modellers can decide if a certain fix warrants the price for them.

If you are happy for me to do so I would like to make use of the information that you have supplied above, to add to what I have already.

Thanks Ali

4 hours ago, Ali62 said:

In many ways I do agree......BUT how much will that all cost in injection moulded????

I have a few ideas to fix some of the areas, and I shall be offer individual sets NOT one huge set, so modellers can decide if a certain fix warrants the price for them.

If you are happy for me to do so I would like to make use of the information that you have supplied above, to add to what I have already.

Thanks Ali

As for me, overall shape accuracy is critical factor and I rather prefer scratchbuild than "small caps for large gaps")) aftermarket solutions. By the way, many modellers will be happy to sort out easily many problems with additional aftermarket sets. I also could offer my engines, recently made for my Corsair project, adapted for this "thing". They only need to change ignition system for the late type GE magneto/distributors, but I don't want to spend money for this HB inferrior representation of my lovely airplane to get just aligning reference.

50058962992_bef79d7e04_b.jpg

50058721711_9c7714db18_b.jpg

50058721851_27327bb540_b.jpg

Edited by Fencer-1

21 hours ago, Ali62 said:

VERY happy for you to go there!   Especially with all the other 1/32nd options for Invaders out there.

2 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

VERY happy for you to go there!   Especially with the other 1/32nd options for Invaders.

+1

Lookingforward to the set

are you planning for other versions off the engine?

i dondt know iff there are many difrences for the K version

i know the where upgraded

Mark

According to Hannants, Eduard has a Look instrument panel, rear interior detail set, bomb bay set, and resin wheels coming in late August/early September. I'm sure they are still figuring out how to sort out the cockpit mess.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

18 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

VERY happy for you to go there!   Especially with all the other 1/32nd options for Invaders out there.

Thanks, firstly I will try and get some of what I think are more essential areas fixed and addressed, once those are done will look at other areas as long as sales and interest is still there. 

On 7/15/2020 at 9:02 PM, mark31 said:

+1

Lookingforward to the set

are you planning for other versions off the engine?

i dondt know iff there are many difrences for the K version

i know the where upgraded

Mark

Hi Mark, 

Here's the list of differences I have identified: 

. More powerful R-2800 Engines (the front section is different) .

. Modified cowlings with the so-called "Congo" update: seen in Thailand late in the life of the deployed B-26K airframes
· DC-6 new props
· Wing tip fuel tanks
· Four small pylons per wing
· Updated avionics (multiple small antennas to add here and there plus some boxes in the rear of the cockpit) 
· Strengthened LG and KC-135 wheels and brakes.
· Larger rudder (extended chord)

. 14 vortex generators added on the tail starboard side
· Dual controls cockpit (already in the kit!) with a pilot gunsight
· Provisions for JATO use
· Deleted turrets (so only a new upper fuselage panel is required as there is no belly turret in the kit). Moreover, because their mechanism was removed to save weigth, a seat and some reco (camera control) and avionics boxes were added in this "radio" compartment.

. The kit front wheel looks like a B-26K one

Hth

Thierry