1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

Iain

As we are discussing props, I saw more than once references to cropped DC-6 blades used on the B-26K. To me, this wording is misleading as after having checked many pictures, I'm convinced the B-26K simply used DC-6B propeller blades.

I do not think they were cropped to be used on the B-26K. They were initially cropped to be used on the DC-6 and this is quite different.

I have received more references and a few more on the way in the next week, I also have a few items that are WIP with a friend doing some 3D cad work for some of the masters.

Quite a few folk have already offered help from this forum, so over the next few months I hope to develop quite a lot of detail and or conversion sets for this pretty cool aircraft, it will take time but the wheels are at least in motion.......

Ali

You have to admire the can do attitude here especially on the multiple variances and air forces that actually used this aircraft.  Not particularly my area of interest but I can’t wait to see someone else’s take on this aircraft.  WWII, Korea, French Air-force Vietnam USAF this will be interesting to see unfold.     

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked mine up from the local shop on Monday... It's not... terrible. It's definitely buildable. To make it accurate, however, will take some work. Cockpit is a fairly standard act of fiction, and the spine is too rounded. However, I'm thinking adding some curved "lumps" down either side of the spine at the top should solve that issue, aside from the canopy. I'd also like to rework the nose from the 8-gun to the 6-gun, and add another turret to the bottom. Cowl flaps need some help, too, but that's easy enough.

I've stashed it for now to see what comes about as far as aftermarket, but it's our only injection 1/32 A-26, and it's a darn good start!

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA