1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

Iain

6 minutes ago, CATCplSlade said:

I'll get one. No one who visits my home will ever know what is off about it and I am not going to get bent out of shape by little things that in no way make the viewer mistake it for any other plane.

That was my attitude with the B-24. It looks like a B-24 to me. The wing profile being off didn't make it look like anything else IMO. Everyone too uptight about that can wait for someone to make a better version while I build mine.

I saw the B-24 at a show here last September, and it actually looked quite nice, at least to me.

• 1 month later...

Without going into shape details or discrepancies because I'm not an expert on the A-26/B-26 but one thing immediately struck my eye. The engines are 7 cylinders per row aka R-2600 - I am pretty sure the Invader had R-2800s, 9 cylinders per row. 

I'll still get one, fix all the problems and maybe even buy replacement engines. Good, bad or otherwise it's probably the only Invader we'll ever see in 1/32.

Cheers,

Mark

Wow. I am definitely not a rivet-counter, but getting the engines four cylinders short each?! I wouldn't allow that from a one-man short-run manufacturer. No amount of putty or sanding is going to correct those engines. Yet, I realise that I'll still probably buy this kit at some point, warts and all. I have two (probably soon to be three 1/72nd scale Invaders, in addition to the one I built up years ago), two 1/48th scale Monogram Invaders (both built up, one finished), so I suppose this one is inevitable. Hopefully by the time I buy it, there will be some AM parts to fix the bigger 'warts'. And I'll have the quid to buy the lot.

Regards,

Jason

Appears the cockpit is set up for two controls, also. I think we're missing a sprue, as there are no seats, either. The armor plate for the rear gunner's pedestal is present in these photos, on the stabilizer/wheel well insert sprue. 

This is a bit of a let down from this sprue look :-/ I'm probably still going to buy one though. Because you're all correct. This is likely the only 1/32 A/B-26 we'll ever see.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

1 hour ago, Rob Colvin said:

Perhaps i missed it.....but it seems the rear gunners fire control is missing. Not to mention. The rear "glass" appears to be more like a water bomber/ A-26k.

There also doesn’t appear to be a hole in the gunners glass for the upper gunsight periscope, but there is a hole in the fuselage underside for the lower periscope, although there are no provisions for the lower turret.  Based on these photos of the sprues, it looks like this kit is going to be a dumpster fire as far as accuracy goes.

It’s weird that HB has issues with aircraft when they can do very good armor kits.