1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

Iain

• 2 weeks later...

When I was a teen I the ‘60s, I saw an A-26 parked with a B-25J at the Detroit City Airport. Talk about cool. The A-26 model may not be perfect, but how many of us are going to be able to tell. It was not all that common of an airplane, even in 72 and 48th scale, so I just might have to have a Havoc with a Mitchell.

Edited by Fred Jack

• 2 months later...

According to this shop, the kit is expected for mid/end April, and can be preordered for 115,50 €. Seems to be a tempting price for such a large model :frantic:

https://www.modellbau-koenig.de/Aircrafts/Aircraft-Models-1-24-1-32/Allied-WW2/U-S-Army-Air-Force-U-S-Navy-U-S-Marine-Corps/A-26B-Invader

Alex

15 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Indeed, if that is at or near the price point for this model, I'll definitely be picking one up.......and once the kit is actually out, I'm sure the AM guys will have a chance at any corrections needed.

Its sad that we think that kits will need correcting by aftermarket manufacturers even before they come out. It would be nice if companies could get things right in the first place!

12 minutes ago, ericg said:

Its sad that we think that kits will need correcting by aftermarket manufacturers even before they come out. It would be nice if companies could get things right in the first place!

I think most of the aftermarket manufacturers wouldn't agree...

:D

Juraj

5 hours ago, ericg said:

I 100% agree with that.   That would of course be ideal.............but this will be a heck-of-a lot better than the other 1/32nd injection modeled A-26 options! 

• 2 weeks later...

So far as the gun nose Invaders go (excluding the supremely awesome -K model), there are a lot of colorful options including some camouflaged from Bay Of Pigs invasion and various small air forces. That's before you get to the brightly-painted fire bombers. The smaller scale guys have been treated to a lot of decal options for the Invader over the years, these are some of my favourite schemes

(this first one was on a Pyn-Up decal sheet in 1/48)

the_6th_chadwick_by_yankeedog_d4a7l3-ful

ALB48014-4.jpg?v-cache=1412169792

ALB48014-5.jpg

1-48-a-26-invader.jpg

Watch that sexy Grillpan S-300V radar behind the Invader... Yummie!

Ups, I disgressed. The red and black gunnose Invader is tempting. But the camouflaged Invader would make a nice addition to my Biafran AF collection. OK, Kitty Hawk. Please give us an Il-28 Beagle now!

Regards

- dutik