1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

Iain

Guys this happens EVERY SINGLE TIME a new kit comes out......especially from one of the usual suspects like HB.  It gets a little tiresome with the back and forth. We all know a lot of us have very differing opinions on this type of thing, but we cannot have personal sniping back and forth between members.  

Discussion of what might be is fine, and I see no issue with identifying possible issues in pics, but the reality is NONE of us knows exactly what we will get when the final product gets released. Right or wrong, good or bad it is what it is. The fact is, no one has a kit in hand atm, so anything said here is just a guess, and like any guess it may or may not be what turns out to be accurate in the end. 

I've done a bit of pruning here to include jabs at each other, and jabs at the manufacturer. Id not like to have to circle back around to this particular discussion topic, so lets keep the talk on topic and just let the personal stuff go.

It would seem to me that the cowls are slightly the wrong shape and that the fuselage is a little too round , having worked within the industry over the years, i will suggest that what yo see here is what you will get in the kit.

injection tools are costly to make and costly to mod and the sad thing for many here is that if everyone who is offended by the mistakes enough not to buy the kit  writes them an email or letter saying they wont buy it unless the tools are fixed,........ those 20, maybe 25 peoples letters will be binned as they know full well they will sell 2000 to everyone else at no more effort or cost...... i will have one, might fix the issues, might leave them...But if you dont like it at this stage, forget about this kit existing and plough you efforts into a kit that meets your standards, ....

Edited by Markjames1968
Spelling

8 minutes ago, Markjames1968 said:

It would seem to me that the cowls are slightly the wrong shape and that the fuselage is a little too round , having worked within the industry over the years, i will suggest that what yo see here is what you will get in the kit.

injection tools are costly to make and costly to mod and the sad thing for many here is that if everyone who is offended by the mistakes enough not to buy the kit  writes them an email or letter saying they wont buy it unless the tools are fixed,........ those 20, maybe 25 peoples letters will be binned as they know full well they will sell 2000 to everyone else at no more effort or cost...... i will have one, might fix the issues, might leave them...But if you dont like it at this stage, forget about this kit existing and plough you efforts into a kit that meets your standards, ....

I would say you are likely correct. We will more likely than not get improvements in refinement, such as texture of the plastic, clarity of the windows, ect, ect, but more than likely the majority of the air frame will be what is seen here. 

Yep, Id say if the possible mistakes are too much for a modeler after the kit is out, its time to dig a vac out, or get to scratch building

7 hours ago, Tony T said:

I still think it'll look F*A*B dressed up as a fire eater from Always. Would like a 1/32 Holly Hunter or Richard Dreyfuss, and maybe John Goodman with a big brolly and case of iced beer.

Tony 

I don't recall the name of the movie that Always was based on, but I chased down a copy at the time, watched it, and between the two, I liked Always a lot more, despite the original having Spencer Tracy in it

Ha! An old friend of mine who did my Night Rating back in the day flew the A-26 Retardant Tanker for Canadian operator AirSpray, in Red Deer Alberta. I remember when “Always” came out on VHS tape... my buddy told me he and his crew watched it in the tanker base in High Level, Alberta, Canada during a yellow alert and after the film was finished they re-named the film: “Never”... 

Cheers

Alan

Man... this is disappointing.  I was really hoping for a reasonably good kit. but the problems keep popping out.  Has anyone mentioned the wing fillet?  Very 90 degree and sharp, whereas the real plane has a nice rounded and smooth fillet.

The P-61 had a few errors, but was not a bad kit overall.  The issues on that one are all easily fixable.  This one is just bad.  I hope they fix the issues, but not holding my breath. I was really looking forward to the B-24, but that wing profile is unforgivable.

On 10/22/2019 at 2:10 PM, Mustang JBB said:

Man... this is disappointing.  I was really hoping for a reasonably good kit. but the problems keep popping out.  Has anyone mentioned the wing fillet?  Very 90 degree and sharp, whereas the real plane has a nice rounded and smooth fillet.

The P-61 had a few errors, but was not a bad kit overall.  The issues on that one are all easily fixable.  This one is just bad.  I hope they fix the issues, but not holding my breath. I was really looking forward to the B-24, but that wing profile is unforgivable.

Revell and HB are after a different market from the likes of Z-M, Tamigawa and HK Models.

The latter are probably after the sales from the rivet and shape merchants, the former are probably just after the 'mass' sales market.

Each to their own, whichever group you think your in will decide your purchasing I'm sure!

The good news is that the AM boys will normally take care of any concerns people have with a certain kit over time.

Either way, we live in wonderful times for our chosen scale, yes?

Have fun!

Reminiscing to an earlier period of my life when the box tops meant a lot for my hard earned coin.   I’d likely buy the kit just on the box top art work alone.   Saying this,  have you seen the new 1/48 scale ICM offering on Spruebrothers?  The OD. Drab Invader  totally looks the part.   I just don’t have the space for the twins but man that art work is awesome.