1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

Iain

I believe quickboost does the replacement turret fuel tank for the Black Widow. You may be able to look at that for references.

2847_rd.jpg

Third photo down

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiuk4GoqKHlAhUUJzQIHV5oAHcQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.historynet.com%2Fbite-of-the-black-widow-northrops-p-61-night-fighter.htm&psig=AOvVaw1XO08gcymnMrmv_x90glKK&ust=1571333309830636

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

A bunch of photos just got posted on ARC of this kit, as displayed at the Osaka Hobbyfest.   I hope it's ok to repost a couple here, they are courtsey of "Jeffrey K" of ARC.   If this is a problem, just advise.  I think they do a good job of showing the nacelle and nose areas.

Jeffrey's full thread is at: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/309028-132-douglas-ba-26-invader-family-by-hobbyboss-a-26c-test-model/

Thoughts?   Aside from shape issues (which I'm not really the guy to provide SME opinions on, to me they do look "off") I'm surprised as the crudeness of the modelings of the cowling.  Especially after just seeing that amazing surface detail HK put into their 48th scale B-17.

HB%20A26%201.jpg

HB%20A26%205.jpg

HB%20A26%203.jpg

Edited by John1

4 hours ago, John1 said:

A bunch of photos just got posted on ARC of this kit, as displayed at the Osaka Hobbyfest.   I hope it's ok to repost a couple here, they are courtsey of "Jeffrey K" of ARC.   If this is a problem, just advise.  I think they do a good job of showing the nacelle and nose areas.

Jeffrey's full thread is at: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/309028-132-douglas-ba-26-invader-family-by-hobbyboss-a-26c-test-model/

Thoughts?   Aside from shape issues (which I'm not really the guy to provide SME opinions on in, to me they do look "off") I'm surprised as the crudeness of the modelings of the cowling.

They do seem a bit crude, but then when I'm looking at this particular model, to me it appears to still be in the design and or development stage, as all the glass remains cloudy and without refinement, as does the whole model.

If I had to guess (and it's only a guess) I'd say the model is not in its final form.

That is not to say they are changing the shape of the cowls or fuse, but I think some of the raw/crudeness will get curtailed before we see the production version.

6 hours ago, John1 said:

Thoughts?   Aside from shape issues (which I'm not really the guy to provide SME opinions on, to me they do look "off") I'm surprised as the crudeness of the modelings of the cowling.  Especially after just seeing that amazing surface detail HK put into their 48th scale B-17.

HB%20A26%201.jpg

HB%20A26%205.jpg

HB%20A26%203.jpg

Thanks for the Photo link!!!!     I think Brian (  Out2gtcha  )  can fix those like he did on his HKM B-25

Cheers

32 minutes ago, Vandy 1 VX 4 said:

Thanks for the Photo link!!!!     I think Brian (  Out2gtcha  )  can fix those like he did on his HKM B-25

Cheers

I'm intrigued.   Are we talking casting new stuff in resin or cleaning up the plastic?

Really all I did on my Mitchell was to use an appropriately sized dowel with some 320 to 600 grit paper glued to it. I took the dowel to a wood smith to have it turned on a wood lathe to get a tapered cone shape to the tip so it centered itself. Then it was just a simple matter of some shaping of the exterior of the nacelle to make it line up with the modified interior dimension.

I would say it would be an easy fix if the HB cowls are too narrow in the opening.

Notice that it also has the earlier flat canopy, not applicable for most of the aeroplanes we want to do. I suppose we can expect something half way between so it will need replacement either way.

Indeed it does look like it is trying to be both, a flat top canopy but the forward bar on the windscreen should be horizontal on these. When the canopy was raised the bar went to the angled poison as seen,

Edited by Alburymodeler

I still think it'll look F*A*B dressed up as a fire eater from Always. Would like a 1/32 Holly Hunter or Richard Dreyfuss, and maybe John Goodman with a big brolly and case of iced beer.

The fire eaters lacked the upper nose transparency (not sure if replaced or painted over) and I don't mind the kit's slightly slack fuselage shoulders. 

Just need the decals, and possibly Aerocraft brass legs. 

Wonder what Hobby Boss might do next ?!  Or are working on ?  Maybe an affordable Catalina, or (in my dreams) even a Halifax or B-58 ?  Suspect a B-29.

Tony 

3 hours ago, Tony T said:

Wonder what Hobby Boss might do next ?!  Or are working on ?  Maybe an affordable Catalina, or (in my dreams) even a Halifax or B-58 ?  Suspect a B-29.

Tony 

I'll second that thought Tony!

A nice HP Halifax B MKII / B MKIII to go with the Lancaster would go down very well with me.

I suspect HB has a few projects in 1/32 on the go that'll keep us well occupied in the future.

I hope the B-24's sell well for them, when all is said and done, that's all they're interested in, …….SALES!!