1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

Iain

28 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I thought the glass nose had the different rear fuselage without the turret?

I don't think so..  I'm reading about the glass nose version in the Osprey book, sounds like the noses were interchangeable.   In late WW2, units deployed in Europe got a few conversion kits to replace the gun nose w/ glass.   Pretty sure everything aft of the nose was uniform on the B&C.    As far as turrets go, I think in WW2 they kept both but later on in Korea, they eliminated first the bottom turret and then the upper as well.  Thought the upper was replaced with a housing for radio gear on some aircraft. 

Edited by John1

On 10/10/2019 at 10:29 PM, Kagemusha said:

Does it come with the clear nose? 

It does, as well as actually all the other version parts, and Iain might confirm this as he started the ID kit, but also i might concur with him the obvious "waiting" period before going down on what could possibly  be out of shape or wrong before we actually have the sprues in front of us......

The Invader is one of my most favorite twin engined aircraft next to the Mitchell, i'm really looking forward to it!!!

Nice shots Finn.   I found the pronounced joint between the glass nose and the rest of the fuselage to be interesting.   Almost looks like they sealed it with tape...

d623b1e0b5d57407_landing

Also, the first pic Finn posted showed a pretty evident taper of the nacelle.  Now I'm not so sure about this issue....

Edited by John1

On 10/13/2019 at 1:36 PM, Out2gtcha said:

I think I may have been thinking A-20 in my head not A-26

It's possible ...

But the A-20G had the Martin turret on both the perspex and solid nosed variants ...

The G also had a rear canopy (sans turret) on both perspex and solid nosed variants ...

Some G's were issued with the perspex nose and converted to solid nose in the field ...

At either rate ... the rear fuselage was widened to accomodate the Martin turret ...on those block numbers where it was installed.

Rog :)

14 hours ago, Finn said:

A view under the inner wing plus showing other details like scoops on the bomb door also note the tail bits and weathering:

f3a81e8711366c14_large

Jari

Looks like some exhaust staining on the L/E of the tailplane. Nice detail. 

Thanks for posting, Jari

Cheers,

D.B.

49 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I have over 2000 detail pics of B-26s. At some point I’ll upload them someplace 

We do have a walk around section on the site, specifically for that purpose.

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I have over 2000 detail pics of B-26s. At some point I’ll upload them someplace 

Do you have any that show the cowl from a frontal perspective?  I'd be curious to see how the real thing compares to the pics HB has posted so far.  I've obliviously seen some online but most aren't the best quality. 

Edited by John1

On 10/13/2019 at 7:38 AM, John1 said:

Nice shots Finn.   I found the pronounced joint between the glass nose and the rest of the fuselage to be interesting.   Almost looks like they sealed it with tape...

d623b1e0b5d57407_landing

Also, the first pic Finn posted showed a pretty evident taper of the nacelle.  Now I'm not so sure about this issue....

Interesting. If I saw that join on somebody's model, I'd think they just didn't do a very good job of glueing it on or fairing it in. This photo is a good reminder that on real aircraft all the join lines weren't always perfect.

Regards,

Jason