1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

Iain

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

And no doubt there will be an am correction available - not ideal I know, but better than no kit at all. 

New engine cowlings and nose plus a few other details are needed anyway for the A-26K, so this is a great starting point.

On 10/10/2019 at 3:45 AM, Jennings Heilig said:

WARNING:  I am about to state my opinion based on the above photo.  If you don’t like discussion of accuracy of kit parts, please stop reading now!  

They do look, in that photo, much too conical, but we’ll see when the kit is released.  

My translation may not be good, but would not it be a little censor?:whistle:

Fab

Id personally say yes, as was pointed out above, the chances of someone else coming out with an IM 1/32nd Invader are nearly nil.   However, if something has to be off (as it seems something almost always is) it feels like cowls and a nose might be a good thing to be off as far as AM is concerned, as it seems to be one of those parts easily produced by AM companies and can easily be retrofitted with the new parts. 

The nose possibly less so, since you now involve possible vacing, or clear resin, and have to deal with interiors and what-not, but still at least a part the can be put on more readily then say a section of the rear fuse, or empennage or the like. 

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Id personally say yes, as was pointed out above, the chances of someone else coming out with an IM 1/32nd Invader are nearly nil.   However, if something has to be off (as it seems something almost always is) it feels like cowls and a nose might be a good thing to be off as far as AM is concerned, as it seems to be one of those parts easily produced by AM companies and can easily be retrofitted with the new parts. 

The nose possibly less so, since you now involve possible vacing, or clear resin, and have to deal with interiors and what-not, but still at least a part the can be put on more readily then say a section of the rear fuse, or empennage or the like. 

Completely agree. To boot, Quickboost already has corrected Invader cowlings in 1/48 scale... increase the dimensions to 1/32, recast, and voila. Problem solved. The nose, especially a glass nose, we may have to live with. The gun nose is a different story, fortunately. Here's to hoping that the gun nose variants (assuming we'll get both configurations) will have internals. The new ICM 1/48 one does not.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

37 minutes ago, Vandy 1 VX 4 said:

Some people want a gun nose some people want a glass nose. That's what I think everybody's referring to?

If that’s the issue, I can’t imagine that HB wouldn’t come out with a second kit with the other nose.  I foresee two kits, like the 1/48 Monogram.