1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

Iain

Well, I do not see any valid reason that would explain why this could be an hoax. The only bad case I can see is the fact a test shot exists does not always result in a commercial release for reasons that may stay obscure. I cannot stop thinking to that Me108 test shot I saw a year ago from that unknown company: It unfortunately looks to have fallen into limbos. However, Trumpeter is a well established company. So I am quite optimistic. 

10 hours ago, EvilCarrot said:

I initially thought the new Trumpeter page was a scam but the guy seems to have a LOT of inside information. Not so sure now. The pics seem to have been removed from the page, though. Fingers crossed indeed! 

His name is William Wang.  He says he's the director of North American sales for Trumpeter.

I have no reason not to believe him, especially considering the juicy stuff he's been posting the past six weeks or so.

One nice thing about the A-26, is that it was used in 3 wars (WW II, Korea, and Vietnam).  I once had a chance to buy a 1:1 A-26 when I was stationed at Carswell AFB, Tx.  It was sitting on Meecham Airfield and had suffered a collapsed right main gear, sudden engine stoppage, bent prop, and a slightly bent wingtip.  It had been converted to a private business plane, but still retained the OD over Grey paint scheme.  It was eventually sold off of a Mechanic's Lien for $35,000, USD and spirited away one night.  I was a volunteer on "Chuckie", Doc Hospers' B-17 VE, (which now resides in Oregon).  Of course at the time (this was the early 1990s) I was newly divorced and scraping by on a Captain's Salary while paying child support and alimony.  It may have well sold for 35 Zillion USD  as far as I was concerned.  I think it's a good picture though.

10 hours ago, Mustang JBB said:

Tough I am no expert analyst by any means. It just doesn't "look" right. 

Actually, despite what I said about initially thinking the Trumpeter of China page being a scam it now appears to be the real deal. The images Iain posted seem to have been removed but there's plenty of others left taken inside the Trumpy offices. If the page and the pics are fake he's taking it VERY far. 

4 hours ago, kalashnikov-47 said:

I have no reason not to believe him, especially considering the juicy stuff he's been posting the past six weeks or so.

Initially the only thing the page had was a few crappy pics from existing Trumpeter kits anyone could have taken, a dodgy email address and a guy called Willy Wang asking people to order kits from him. I kinda sorta kinda kicked and banned him from our Facebook group for that. :doh: (in my defense, he was ignoring the rules too :shrug:) But as things evolved more and more inside stuff seemed to appear on the page so I might need to send the guy an apology. 

I'm very, very excited about this (can you tell?) - spotting it yesterday absolutely made my day - and I really hope it does translate into an available kit in the near future...

I know there are other subjects modellers are after - but, to my mind, the Invader is a good choice: such a long and interesting military career (WWII, Korea, Vietnam + numerous 'bush wars') - civilian use - and a huge variety of schemes and operators.

It's a good looking machine too IMHO...

I'd want to have a go at several versions - but priority would have to be for a Vietnam era B-26K:

050317-F-1234P-047.JPG

And, of course, there's the beautiful 'Special Kay' - restored to flying condition and a regular airshow participant in North America - so no lack of detail info (their Facebook page is great).

GAN4-B-26K-Special-K-In-flight.jpg

Blue skies...

Iain

I'm in. Unlike the trainwreck B-24, I can't see them finding too many areas on the A-26 to screw up beyond repair.   Plus it fit's my storage requirements nicely.  Can any of the experten conclusively determine if this is the Vietnam era bird or the earlier WW2/Korean War variant?

Either way, lots and lots of aftermarket decal and resin opportunities here!

Now if they just do the "other" B-26.