1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

Iain

1 hour ago, rigor said:

Is that a mirror or a window 

I cant see the gents shadow who is furthest away in the room, nor can I see a shadow of the back of his monitor, so Id have to say window  

Hmm, sorry, but this one is definitly quarterscale.

You know, thouse asians are small people :whistle:

:rofl:

OK, OK, it IS an 32nd scale model. No doubt :D

Is someone able to perform some face recognition of the designers? Just curious to know if this is Trumpeters A- or more someone of the D-to-Z-team :DodgeBall:

OK, seriously now. Glad to see an Invader hit the shelves. Or two. Guess a counter-invader would be the most wanted version of them all. And someone from the AM companies will soon step up with a firebomber conversion. Just my 2 cents.

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

3 hours ago, EvilCarrot said:

I initially thought the new Trumpeter page was a scam but the guy seems to have a LOT of inside information. Not so sure now. The pics seem to have been removed from the page, though. Fingers crossed indeed! 

That is why I was thinking it was a scam as I could not find the picture on any of the Trumpeter FB pages.  Plus, the picture just looks a little too set up.  The tires depicted on the front computer screen look like truck type tires, and the Invader models are very square to the desks, parallel with the edges etc.  The rear computer screen has some kind of object on it, but nothing I can see as definitively "Invader".  The two models are almost perfectly pointed right at each other. 

The other models in the room are all Tanks as well.  Are these the armor guys?  Why do they have a 1/32 airplane on the desk?  Not sure what the open box is on the first desk.  Tanker truck?  Submarine?  What ever it is, it does not look like Invader parts.  Nothing else in the room says "Invader" to me except the two perfectly placed models on the desks.

Though I am no expert analyst by any means. It just doesn't "look" right.

But I sure do hope I am wrong, because I will be the first in line to buy one. or three.

@Mustang JBB - if you take a look at my earlier post, this was from a series of photos labelled 'tooling workshop area' - which I infer to mean the team that takes the CAD designs and cuts the molds, and applies any tweaks to the moulds during the test shot phase - rather than the design department that creates the initial CAD models. Designing kit 'shapes' and making them suitable/ready for moulding can be two separate disciplines.

So, yes, may be posed, maybe not - but I really wouldn't read anything into the mix of subjects. They are similar in style/office environment to ones I've seen before.

With regard to source - as I've also said earlier - this particular image is still viewable when the series of images is viewed (oddly) via the Warship Scale Modelling Group, but nowhere else.

So with regard to you not finding the image - there's something going on with permissions - and, just maybe, this wasn't meant to be seen yet...

In context, this is a screen grab of the group of photos as they appear on the Warship Scale Modelling Group - bottom middle:

48b427_e06270bba9b6434394990c342ee7090b~

Nobody is going to go to the trouble of 'spoofing' two 1:32 A-26s, from a source that we believe is a Trumpeter contact/insider IMHO - and that is why I posted.

Readers can infer what they like from the photos - but I'm pretty happy with the source...

Now, about chemtrails... ;)

Have fun,

Iain