EAA Airventure, OSHKOSH

RadBaron

26 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I wish! We were there a few years ago, and it was a blast.

The warbird area was amazing

It really is a mind blowing gathering!  Before I'd been, I never believed that it wasnt possible to see everything over the course of the 9 days XD 

Looks like I'll be going with the family.

We're ostensibly visiting my sister and her family who moved to Wisconsin in December. They're the next exit off the highway so nice and handy.

But first I have to survive an 11 hour drive with my 6 & 8 year olds....

19 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Sigh....

the L-39 is still in rework down at FMC in Gadsden AL. Maybe next year-

cheers

Pete

I'll keep my fingers crossed for next year. Itll be great to see the '39 back in the air! Have you had her there previous years?

I grew up in Wiscony and went to EAA for years on end with my brother.  Things change.  Moved to the west coast, mid south, then Singapore.   Im retiring soon and can’t wait to get back to the States.   I’d love to see the XP-82 fly into Oshkosh.  I hope they bring it to Oshkosh.  A DB powered Bf 109 is also high on my list.   That P-61 on the east coast would also be spectacular to see fly someday.   I wish all you EAA visitors an awesome visit.   

Troy 

9 minutes ago, TomR said:

Not to mention camping under the wing of an airplane doesn’t exactly excite me haha. I only hope I get to see it one day though

We got a seat in the center of the flightline EARLY most days, and most days it was under the wing of one of many private C-47s  there. It was hot as blazzes!   We did see many, MANY people camped out, and yes under the wings of their planes out in the heat. Must have been pretty miserable. 

We stayed in a hotel, but it was about a 30 or 40 min drive to the exit for Wittman Field. It was about as close as we could get at the time. 

I'm heading off this afternoon, somehow I thought driving 16 hours from Kingston, Ontario would be a good idea. I have a campsite on the grounds, along with 40,000 other people. :)

There are many wifi locations, so would a get-together be possible?

Two Mosquitos, two Fireflies, XP-82...not bad for a start.

Richard

3 hours ago, R Palimaka said:

There are many wifi locations, so would a get-together be possible?

I would up for a get together Richard. 

I have passes to go for two days. I'll be with my family on one visit but I'm all myself on the second. Both days are pretty fluid as to what day we go so let me know what works best for you. 

As far as travel, we've made to Windsor and are meeting my wife's brother for a couple days. So will be getting to Wisconsin on Sunday. 

Hey Carl, I'll be there from Saturday to Thursday. Stopping in Hamilton to pick up Al Mickeloff, the Marketing Director for the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, and then we're driving all night to get there tomorrow. We were going to fly there in their new Dakota (the D-Day/Arnhem/Operation Varsity veteran) but the timings didn't work out. 

We could maybe connect once we're there? We can message here, or maybe on Facebook if you're on there? 

Have a safe drive! 

Richard