Maverick

12 hours ago, Gazzas said:

If I see F-5's as the "enemy" I lose interest in a jet movie real fast.  Just kills my enthusiasm.  As cool as f-18's are, if there's not a real-looking adversary available, I'll miss this one. 

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed with the movie at that point... It wasn't the first time though, I remember the description in the TV guide, way, way back on the upcoming Six  Million Dollar Man episode about the defection of a Soviet pilot. When a F-4 with a red star sticker landed, I realized my expectations of a TV show were a bit exagerrated!

Today there are nice MiGs around that could be used intelligently, or the plot could have adversaries using US planes like Iran and that could be plausible.

Alain

I saw an interview with him about making of the first movie and how many times he threw up etc.

Yes, the new one is using the real deal again.

Obviously he's in the back seat of a two-holer but it looks like he might be flying his (or someone else's) P51.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHt1IbuYgJo

Edited by PhilB

For me if there’s alot of flying, multiple fur-balls, and minimal storyline it’s a winner! I’ll ignore the repeat story. I agree with many of you, that seems to be the Hollywood mantra right now. The number of repeats and limited originality is disheartening. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2019 at 2:49 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

Saw a "making of" trailer last night (at my second viewing of "Ford v Ferrari"), and apparently contrary to what I had read (here??) before, the F-18 scenes are in fact all real aircraft, not CGI.  They showed the ultra low level passes over the camera on some lakebed in California where the wake turbulence shook the cameras and the crew.

Reg. the CGI aspect, this might be quite interesting / entertaining?!