Maverick

25 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Oddly, when the Nimitz went back through the storm, the strike group was still out, but when they returned to the ship, they were all in the current time-frame. I found that to be annoying.

I always as a kid quickly attributed that to the strike group on the way to, or in the same area as the ship, and (implied) getting sucked back through the time vortex. 

This Top Gun re-make looks pretty horrible to me.  I'm sure the in-flight cinematography will be very good.

But as a film....ugh.

It's been a long time since the first movie and this trailer suggests none of the characters have evolved one bit!  Zero character development in 33 years.  

:lol:

The Navy explains how a 57 year old Maverick could still be flying:

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMibGh0dHBzOi8vbmV3cy51c25pLm9yZy8yMDE5LzA3LzIyL25hdnktYW5zd2Vycy1ob3ctYS01Ny15ZWFyLW9sZC1tYXZlcmljay1jb3VsZC1zdGlsbC1mZWVsLXRoZS1uZWVkLWZvci1zcGVlZNIBAA?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Here's a summary for those who don't want to read the article:

1. Prior enlisted service

2. Broken service (Active Duty ,Reserves, Recalled to Active Duty

3. Retired but retained on Active duty 

Edited by rjones726

I watched most of the original recently and found it unbearable.  I loved it when I was 18.  Now not so much.  I might watch the new version, it probably can't be any worse than the original.  Might be better than days of thunder even.

Edited by cbk57

3 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

I watched most of the original recently and found it unbearable.  I loved it when I was 18.  Now not so much.  I might watch the new version, it probably can't be any worse than the original.  Might be better than days of thunder even.

When dealing with a sequel, my motto is "Go in with low expectations and you won't be disappointed"

12 hours ago, rjones726 said:

When dealing with a sequel, my motto is "Go in with low expectations and you won't be disappointed"

Probably the best attitude to have going into any movie IMHO. I can no longer go into any aviation related movies with my modelers hat on. I can only enter those movies with my "movie goer" hat on; there for entertainment (not realism) only.  

• 4 months later...